00.

He sunk back into the comfort of hiding behind his sunglasses and beanie. Fame was a struggle in situations like this; it made travelling nightmare-ish. He constantly checked over his shoulder, hoping that no one was whispering about him.  He could plaster on a smile and put fans at ease and sign things, but it was so much easier to try laying low. There were perks to staying anonymous, but it Erling wouldn't know what that would feel like.

Erling hitched his carry-on over his shoulder and readjusted his hat, scanning for the correct airline counter. A week in The Netherlands would be fine; he could relax, rejuvenate, and most importantly, immerse himself in something other than loneliness. For once, it was a blessing that his parents didn't press him for further details.  He would feel pathetic for lying to spare their feelings in a moment where she was trying to offer a sincere apology.

His eyes quickly locked to the correct airline counter. He steeled himself as he marched toward the line. There were a few people in front of him, all of whom were engrossed in their phones and conversations with their travel partners. Erling blinked, trying to remember the last time that he had a travel companion that weren't his teammates. The thought left him stumped. He couldn't think of one time since becoming an adult - or ever for that matter - that he had someone to keep him company.

He busied himself with fishing his passport and credit card out of his bag.

Erling suppressed a sigh; he liked his life well enough. He was more than content with what he had. He wanted nothing, gave back as much of his accrued wealth as he could. He had friends to grab a beer with when he wanted, even if 99% of his friends were his teammates.

Of course, he wanted to be a better son too. He was too busy to do social things, although his father understood. He didn't really have the time and mental energy to cultivate a relationship with someone; not that he'd want to subject another person to peripheral fame if it was something they didn't want to sign up for.

Having someone to love might be nice. No, it'd definitely be nice.