Chapter 9

The next morning when I woke up I realised no one was next to me. Soda must have given me my space that night after it all went down with Sandy. I hated Sandy so much I wanted her to come find us so I could beat her up with an excuse. I got out of bed and put on my own clothes. I put my hair in a messy bun and brushed my teeth. I then went downstairs and sat down on the couch ignoring Two-Bits good morning. I curled up on the couch and just watched TV. Soda was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. Johnny was in the armchair and Pony and Darry were on the couch next to me.

"Hey Y/n," Pony paused, "how are you?"

"Do you want the real answer or the answer I would tell everyone in general?" I say.

"Real one of course." He said. As everyone turned their eyes towards me.

"Alright then, I feel like shit." I say.

"Is there anything I can do?" Pony asks, being the kind boy he is.

"Well I'm too sure at the moment." I reply kinda in a whisper.

"Guys breakfast is ready." Soda says.

We all eat the cake and eggs Soda makes us. After that I get up making sure I have my switchblade.

"Y/n... where are you goin?" Two-Bit asks because he saw me with my switch.

"I don't know. I'm just goin' to go for a walk an' try and clear my head. I'm bringin' my switch because of those stupid Socs." I say.

"Alright, do you want one of us to come with you?" Johnny asks.

"Nah, I'll be fine. I'll stay close to the house in case I need to yell for you guys." I say.

"Y/n.... please be careful alright. They've been comin' over to our side a lot lately." Soda says.

I walk up to him and give him a kiss. I then hug him and leave the house. As I'm walking around I see a blue mustang. I knew this couldn't be good so I started to walk closer to the house. They stopped me and I knew some of the guys. It was Bob and Randy with their little gang.

"Well well well. It's Y/n Cade. Hey, how's your brother? I heard you and him were beat by your old folks pretty bad?" Bob says.

"He's doin' alright. Still tryin' to recover a little bit." I say.

"Well you sure look pretty today. Are you walkin' around alone out here because you wanna get picked up by us?" Another guy says.

"I'm just taking a walk. I haven't been out of the house in a little while." I say.

"Well, let's show you a good time since you've been with those dirty greasers for so long." Randy says.

"Shut your trap, you know I'm a greaser too!" I yell.

"Wow, that wasn't very nice now was it?" Randy says. It was silent until Bob says,

"Get her!"

They come at me but I pull out my switch.

"Stay back boys!" I yell.

"Drop it!" Bob yells as they pull out their blades. I drop my blade and Bob says, "Good girl."

They grab me and hold me down with the blade to my neck.

"Get off me!" I yell.

"Oh darlin' we aren't goin' to listen now are we now." Randy says.

They cut my neck a little and the only thing I could do was yell,

"SODA! DARRY! PONY! STEVE!!!"

"Shut her up!" One of the guys yells.

"SHUT UP Y/n!" Bob yells.

"GAG HER!" Randy yells.

The one boy that was quiet says, "We gotta go! They're comin'!"

"HEY!" Two-Bit yells as he tries to grab one of the guys and pull them out of the car. Soda and Steve come and help Two-Bit. They are grabbin' them and punchin' them. Darry and Pony run over to me. Dally comes out of nowhere and kicks the car. He throws a stick at them as well.

"Y/n! Hey are you ok?" Pony asks.

"Yea I'm fine they didn't get me too bad because you guys came." I say

"You should have just stayed in the house Y/n." Darry says.

"Well I needed fresh air ok plus it's alright because they didn't get me too bad." I say.

Soda comes over with the worst look on his face. It was a guilty and sad look.

"Y/n are you ok? I knew I should've gone with you! God I'm the worst boyfriend ever." He said.

"Soda, hey look at me. It's ok. I'm ok. I've gone through worse things. And I'm really sorry about everything with Sandy and all of that." I say.

"Oh Y/n, Sandy is my fault ok." He says pulling me into a hug. We sat there hugging for a long time before he pulled away and kissed me. I needed this. It felt so nice after all the events that happened in the past couple of days. We walk back to the house and Soda cleans up my cut.

"Hey Soda, I need to tell you something." I say.

" What's up Y/n?" He says.

"I-I love you." I stutter.

"Oh Y/n, I love you too!" He says. He kisses me on the head and we hug.

"AWWWW." Everyone yells.

"Oh shut up." We say.

"Sodapop, can you teach me how to drive?" I ask, popping the sentence a lot.

"Can I Darry?" Soda asks.

"Sure but be careful." He replies.

We ran out to his car and I got in the front seat. I start driving down the street.

"You know how to drive?" Soda asks, watching how good I was.

"Of course I know how to drive, baby." I didn't realise I called him baby until I looked at him.

"What?" I ask, so confused.

"You just called me baby." He said and blushed really hard.

"Oh sorr-" He cut me off.

"Don't be sorry alright baby." He said back.

We laughed then I pulled into a field.

"What are we doing here?" He asks.

"I wanted to watch the sunset with you." I say smiling at him.

"Oh really?" He says.

"Yes I did. This is also the one time we have been alone together for as long as we want." I say. I smirked at him.

"Oh Y/n you're really cute." He says.

I give him a really big smile and turn away. He pulls my head back over and looks me straight in the eyes. I looked right into his eyes as well. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. He moved my hair out of the way and kissed me.