Chapter 8

We see class 1-A In their waiting room waiting to be called out to the arena.

"FIRST UP WE HAVE THE CLASS THAT SURVIVED A VILLAIN ATTACK! CLASS 1-A EVERYBODY!" Present Mic announced.

They started walking out and were met with screaming but Izuku expected it so it didn't really scare him, it just raised his heartrate quite a bit.

"NOW WE HAVE CLASSES 1-B THROUGH H CAN WE GET SOME APPLAUSE EVERYBODY!" Present Mic announced with noticeably less enthusiasm.

The other classes arrived but they got noticeably less applause so Izuku risked gaining some attention on himself and also applauded with the audience. The others noticed this and all followed along. This received smiles from all but one person who sneered and lifted his head but didn't say anything.

"Now can we have Yaoyorozu Momo come up on stage and give a speech please." Midnight announced.

Momo walked up looking a bit surprised, but she reigned it in and put on a smile and bowed to Midnight.

"I wasn't expecting this so I'll just say what comes to mind, me and my classmates wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Aizawa Izuku. He took on the villains alone after our teachers fell to a villain that even All Might had trouble with." Yaoyorozu started by explaining the events nobody is certain of. "This shows that the villains are getting stronger which means we also have to get stronger so that we can keep people safe, so today we go above and beyond to show the world how hard we are working to be ready to keep them safe." This was met with cheers from the audience. "Today we go PLUS ULTRA."

The audience and students along with the staff all cheered with her at the end. She hopped off the stage and regrouped with her class.

"The first round is... The Obstacle Race!" Midnight announced with cracking her whip for emphasis.

After Midnight announced the first round everybody gathered at the starting line for the race.

Computer: 3... 2... 1... GO!

Everybody took off trying to crowd through the narrow tunnel while Izuku shifted into his werewolf form and leaped clear over the arena to get on the other side before shifting into a cheetah and taking off at high speeds.

"THERE HE GOES FOLKS! AIZAWA IZUKU IS IN THE LEAD BY A GREAT AMOUNT. HE HAS REACHED THE FIRST OBSTACLE!" Present Mic commentated.

Izuku spotted the robots and was zipping in between them until he saw the zero pointers from the entrance exam. He immediately shifted into the same giant cyclops he did the first time he saw one but this time he simply shoved them out of his way knowing that once he passed them they'd target the other participants. They did exactly as predicted and he shifted back into the cheetah.

"WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! WHAT A POWER PLAY! IN ONE MOVE HE HAS MORE THAN DOUBLED THE EVER INCREASING GAP BETWEEN HIM AND SECOND PLACE! HE'S REACHED THE SECOND OBSTACLE, THE CHASM!" Present Mic announced with excitement reverberating in every word.

Izuku spotted the pit from when he was the giant cyclops so he was prepared for it. He kept running and leaped. In mid leap he shifted from cheetah form to unipeg taking off into the sky.

"WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR STUDENTS ERASERHEAD?!" Present Mic shouted in excitement.

"This one I only taught martial arts and how to use my capture scarf. This is all them, they've faced real villains something most 3rd years can't even say." Aizawa said emotionlessly.

"DID YOU HEAR THAT FOLKS! ERASER HERE IS A TERRIBLE TEACHER IN ALL BUT COMBAT! OW, I'M SORRY!" Present Mic screamed in fear.

All the audience could hear after that were strangled screams and pleas from the loud announcer. They saw the unipeg soar out of the tunnel and up to the announcers box where he pulled the feral Aizawa off of Present Mic and stuffed him into his sleeping bag and using Aizawa's own scarf to tie the bag shut before leaving and shifting back into a unipeg and flying back down to the ground just in time for second place to arrive.

"AND IN SECOND PLACE WE HAVE SHOTO TODOROKI! THANK YOU IZUKU FOR SAVING MY LIFE!" Present Mic said not missing a beat after getting back to the mic.

Izuku now in baby unicorn nodded his head before heading to the grassy area around the edge of the arena and laying down and taking a nap to restore his stamina from the multitude of transformations he did.

Izuku was gently awoken by Momo, letting him know that round two was about to begin.

A/N: I'm gonna be lazy and skip the explanation

"Izuku will you team with us?" Yaoyorozu asked approaching him.

"Of course." Izuku answered without hesitation.

Momo, Jiro, and Tsu had spotted the quiet freak-out Izuku was having after being informed of the ten-million points and the target on his back. They decided to spare him the freak-out by approaching him.

"Momo if you can create undercarriage that can be attached to me while I'm in unipeg form I can fly us around the entire round while Jiro can defend the carriage from attacks and Tsu can snag others' headbands when we're overtop of them." Izuku explained.

"That was fast, lets do this." Jiro said getting pumped up.

They fist bumped before setting to work. In the end it was like a hot air balloon basket but tied to a unipeg. They hopped in while Izuku prepared to take off.

Computer: 3... 2... 1... GO!

And like that team Yaoyorozu was air born. The first team they stole the headband from was team Monoma who spent the remainder of the round chasing the flying group with nobody in his team with a ranged quirk effectively eliminating them. Then came team Ibara who was too in awe of the unipeg to do anything to defend themselves. They went on and stole a different teams headband allowing them into the final round even if they lost the ten-million point headband. In the end they had more than enough points to move on to the final round. 

"AND, TIMES UP! YOU HAVE AN HOUR BREAK FOR THE CONTESTANTS TO REGAIN SOME ENERGY BEFORE THE BATTLE STYLE TOURNAMENT!" Present Mic announced before quickly vacating the announcers box.

With that Izuku set the basket down gently before landing beside it and flopping while shifting back into his regular form exhausted.

"IZUKU!" Yaoyorozu and Jiro screamed in worry.

"You guys did really good, but I need to go eat something and take a nap." Izuku said too tired to really say more than that.

Izuku said that while getting to his feet sluggishly and wobbly. He headed off down to the cafeteria where he was met with his Aunt Mitsuki and Uncle Masaru waiting for him. They saw his sluggish movements and were about to get up to help him until he smiled and waved them off. He went and got some food and went and sat with them.

"Hi Auntie Mitsuki, Uncle Masaru, and little one." Izuku greeted cheerily despite how tired he is.

"Hi Izuku, as you can see little Katsumi's here to see you as well." Mitsuki said happily.

"You're doing quite well so far, we're proud of you and we're sure Inko is as well." Masaru said encouragingly.

"She may be proud but I'm ashamed of myself." Izuku responded self-deprecatingly. "This is just making it so much worse, I have all this power yet I didn't save her, I froze, and because of that she's dead."

As Izuku was talking tears started forming in his eyes showing how much pain he is still in. Mitsuki brought him in to a hug and while in the hug Katsumi reached out and grabbed his pinkie making him smile through the tears.

"Hello Katsumi, when you grow up you're gonna be an great hero with an even greater heart." Izuku said gently and Katsumi started to laugh in excitement, not truly knowing what was said but happy because she helped Izuku at least slightly.