Relief.

He sensed her breath on his neck, similar to that of a warm breeze, as she sighed.
The echo of Michael's steps softened as he approached a meadow, strung with blossoms and painted with luscious trees. The girl's eyes fluttered open as she lifted her back from his arms practically demanding release.
Curiosity.
She giggled, marveling at the landscape with her arms stretched out. Micheal awkwardly stood, admittedly as enthralled as her however reluctant to reveal those emotions. She spun towards Micheal, jogging back towards him. "Where are we!" She grinned. "It's glorious!". He couldn't fight the smile growing across his face at the sight of her child-like exhilaration, his strawberry-blonde hair now frantically dancing across his eyes as the wind ruffled and mangled it. He tread closer to the girl, mesmerized by what appeared to be an almost golden aura surrounding her. "What is your name", he begged, practically glaring into her soul. The girl grinned as her cheeks flushed. Glancing down at the ground, she spoke, "Annabelle".  Michael's intense stare didn't falter. "Annabelle", he trailed off. She stepped closer, dropping her enthralled expression to a much more refined position. "Thank you, really." she spoke, tossing her arms around him with a gentle squeeze. The abruptness of it all shocked him, sending them plummeting to the ground. Her body now resting on top of his, she giggled, "Sorry...". Micheal attentively gazed, glancing at her lips for no more than a second before quickly staring back into her eyes. Now embarrassed by the more than noticeable silence of his inability to respond, she reluctantly smiled in hopes to gain a reaction. No more than a few moments of locking eyes with the mysterious girl, arms sprawled across his chest, bare skin laid on bare skin, his lips thrashed onto hers. Teeth clashed, as the girl adjusted and embraced the boy's affection.
His hands greedily explored her body, traveling up her back and across her arms, then back to her neck.
Bliss.

From then on, she would await his visit nightly, knowing that the mystery boy from her dreams wouldn't fail to appear.
And as he'd promised, Micheal waited nightly for the girl's arrival, playing memories like a record on repeat.
He'd leave little notes around the landscape as she searched for him with intention to guide her in his direction.

"Meet me by the purple tree. - M.L"

Now he knew he could easily locate her with the snap of a finger, however admittedly enjoyed the anticipation
as her presence grew stronger. "Micheal!" She'd tease in a sing-songy voice, creeping around the tree as he'd grin before pulling her into his lap with a growl so that he might run his fingers through her hair once more.

"I love her. I love her."  He'd think to himself as she slept in his arms.
Love.

_______________________________

Even the heavens were jealous, so they separated us. I suppose we were always destined to be separated. Just barely out. of. reach.

______________________________

Annabelle's POV
________________________________

She couldn't recall how long exactly the dreams lasted or even how real the boy was, however all she knew was that they defined the best moments of her life. Was it wrong to permit such an inanimate [yet intimate] boy to consume her life like this? To belong to someone was a gift that can only be bestowed by the chance of luck.
To this day, she still didn't understand exactly how they met. Perhaps their souls were calling to each other, as she read something like that in a book once.

I love him

May 26th.
Drifting off into a state of sleep, she allowed her eyes to shut.

____________________________

She opened her eyes, revealing the brisk meadow. Bouncing to her feet, she pranced to the nearest person, likely generated by Micheal to assist her searching. "Hello again, would you mind pointing me in the direction of Micheal?", Annabelle inquisited with a grin. To her surprise, nothing but a blank stare was received as response. Confusedly, she trotted to the nearest tree in which Micheal usually left his notes. She squinted into the distance as leaves crunched under her feet, spotting the little white paper pressed against the bark. Her pace increased as she hurried in it's direction. She smiled as she gently lifted the paper from the tree's grip, careful to avoid damaging it.

"Please forgive me. We will meet again, my love. Promise me you won't forget me. -M.L"