Chapter Six: Eddie Gets Jealous

It didn't take Carol very long to deduce that something was going on between Eddie and Hanvema. Hanvema no longer perpetually frowned and when she was with Eddie she would actually smile. And Eddie, well, his eyes betrayed him any time he even looked at Hanvema.

Carol didn't say anything for a few days since seeing this new dynamic between them. She did ask Bruce if he noticed anything different between the two of them.

"I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, I can tell something happened." Bruce said.

"I wonder if..." Carol began.

"If they slept together? Oh, yeah, they most definitely did." Bruce said, hitting a button on the console of the ship and spinning his chair around to face her.

The door wooshed open and Nebula entered. "I'm heading out to meet the Guardians. They had another sighting on a collector's item."

"Okay. But first, have you noticed anything different between Eddie and Hanvema," Bruce asked, folding his arms.

"Yes and it sickens me," Nebula said, then turned around and left.

Bruce chuckled. "Okay, so if Blue Bot noticed as well, they are doing a shit job hiding it."

"Are they really trying to hide it though?"

The doors opened again and Eddie entered.

"Uh, forgot my jacket," He said walking over to a chair where he had draped it. He stopped when he saw Bruce and Carol staring at him.

"Anything...wrong?" He asked.

"No, no. Everything is good," Bruce said.

Carol just gave him a knowing smile.

Feeling uncomfortable, Eddie slowly backed up toward the door.

"Well, I'll be seeing ya," He said, giving them a nervous wave.

The following day, Thor had returned to the ship to give Captain Marvel an update on his travels. He had been visiting the nine realms, following up on all lore about Knull.

"Each realm has had its knowledge on Knull, except Midgard. Midgard is where I have had first contact with the being when I was there in the 1100's. I destroyed him with Mjollnir, sending him back to who knows where."

Carol, Bruce, Hanvema and Eddie were all gathered in the control room listening to Thor.

"I hate this guy!" Venom complained, as Thor talked.

"Yea, I do too, buddy." He said to Venom. "Hey, what the hell is Midgard?" Eddie muttered to Hanvema.

"Ah, Eddie. Midgard is what you call earth." Thor said, overhearing him.

"I thought it was called Terra?"

"I am Asgardian, we call it Midgard." Thor said.

"What an idiot, he should just say earth! I mean, nobody else in this room is Asgardian." Venom quipped.

"What...is an Asgardian?" Eddie said, trying to stifle a laugh from Venom's comment.

Thor frowned. "Why do you laugh?"

"Nothing, uh, just nervous," Eddie said.

Thor narrowed his eyes at Eddie. "Hanvema can explain all that to you. She spent some time on my planet...before it was destroyed."

"You did?" Carol asked with interest. "I didn't know that."

"Indeed. She even had a little romance with my brother, Loki." Thor said with a grin.