Chapter 4

Carson's P.O.V.

Load cracks came from the the whip that sliced across Trinity's back. They had taken her somewhere out of this room, into another, where I heard the sound of chains earlier. Each load snap that I heard anger grew like a wild fire spreading across beyond dead trees.

I had counted at least 374 cracks of the whip.

Hearing the sound of chains unclasping, and heavy breathing, I immediately was scared of what I would see.  The steel door opened and Trinity slowly walked in, her eyes that of something stronger than steel, to shield herself away. I noticed that Trinity wasn't the one who was breathing hard, but the person who had used the whip against her. I stood up from where I was croached against the wall.

Trinity looked up at me and straightened her back a little, I could hear the bones cracking back into place as she did. She turned her back to me after the man had shut and locked the door, leaning her head against the wall.

I couldn't help myself but to look at her back...

The white shirt that she had on was completely shredded and covered with the dark red color of her blood. I looked more closely and I was horrified to notice that I could see white spots of where her spine lay hidden under shredded flesh.

I tried to get a look at her face, and saw that she had her eyes clamped shut, her jaw tight and her thick pink lip held a firm line. She straightened up again. Her face transforming into one of no emotion.

Nothingness.

I held my breath and waited to speak, when she didn't I took a step forward. "Don't..." Trinity warned me, I held my ground. I watched as she ever so slowly began to sit down in a puddle of her own blood, which was just about everywhere now. I hated myself for letting this happen, but why? I don't even know her... But aren't we all supposed to feel protective over someone who is in pain?

"Is there anything I can do?" I asked slowly not wanting to do anything that might set her off. I could see the fire brewing steadily in her eyes. She hid it well, but I could still see it. Her breathing had become slightly ragged as she barely shook her head no.

I was still amazed by how beautiful she was. Even in the state she was in now. She couldn't have been older than 16. Her dark straight hair spilled down her shoulders to her where her navel would be. Her strange violet eyes had a dullness to them that reflected just pits and pieces of the life she has lived. Her pale skin was matted with her own blood, her knuckles turning white from the pain she was so clearly fighting back.

I felt somthing very strange from her, like when she looked at me, she made me feel as if she could see right through me.

"Don't trust her." I told myself.  "That's just what you feel now.." My conscience told me in a mocking voice.

_________________________________________________________________________

Okay so that was Carson's P.O.V hopefully we'll be hearing more of his side in the future...

Please comment and vote!!!!!!

XXX, Devin