x

Rosé's POV:
I walked into Gottmik's house, feeling extremely nervous. Denali squeezed my hand to assure me that everything would be okay.
"You have nothing to worry about, Rosie." Denali whispered softly. I nodded in response and we knocked on Gottmik's bedroom door.

"Come in lovebirds!" I heard Gottmik yell.
"Haha very funny." Said Denali sarcastically.
"Yeah... so funny..." I replied dryly.
"Alright enough small talk." Said Kahmora.
"Rosé... we're not gonna force you to tell us, but it would be nice to clear the air." Said Olivia.

"You can do it, Rosie." Denali reassured me.
"Ok... well..." I took a deep breath and looked back to Denali who had an encouraging smile on her face.
"So... I-"

"GIRLS! YOU HAVE A VISITER!"
"UGH! MUM! LEAVE US ALONE!" Gottmik yelled.
"Might as well see who it is." Said Kahmora.
We all walked down the stairs and I saw a tall, slim blond who had a big smile on her face.

"Sorry for the interruption." The girl said. She had a slight lisp "Uh- I only came to return your textbook, Kahmora." The girl reached into her bag and gave Kahmora her history textbook.

"Ohhhh! I forget I lent into to you, Utica. I thought I misplaced it. Thank you." Said Kahmora.
Utica was her name. I remembered that she was in my art class and she was known for her outlandish yet intriguing and intricate art pieces.

"So... yeah sorry again for interrupting your sleepover..." Utica said. She waved to Olivia who blushed in response. Soon she had left the house.
"Mum, I still don't understand why you had to make Utica coming over such a big deal."
"Honestly, it's okay, I think Olivia is quite happy." Denali giggled. Olivia's face was red and she ran up the stairs.

We all giggled and went back up to Gottmik's room to see Olivia squealing into her pillow.
"Ok- what is going on!" I giggled.
"Olivia has a huuuuuuuge crush on Utica." Gottmik giggled. "That's so cute!" I exclaimed.

Denali's POV:
"Oh! So Olivia, are you?"
"I'm pansexual." Said Olivia.
"I'm transgender." Said Mik.
"I'm lesbian." Rosé said.
"And I'm straight..." Kahmora chuckled.
Then the girls looked to my direction, looking for answer. "What about you, Denali?"

My eyes widened, I felt my hands go sweaty and Rosé could see my nerves immediately. I was so shocked that the girls were able to express their sexualities and identities with such ease.
"She's straight." Rosé stammered. I sighed with relief and nodded. "Oh ok." Said Kahmora as she looked at her phone.

"Well people, it's time for dinner!" Said Gottmik.
We all cheered since all our stomachs were practically begging for food. As we walked down the staircase, I saw Rosé walk right next to me with a concerned expression on her face.

"Thank you Rosie for that. I was really nervous."
"No problem, but baby why aren't you going to tell the others?"
"Well- wait... baby?"
Rosé's eyes widened and she slapped her hand over her mouth. "D-did I actually say that?" She stammered.
"Yeah... I don't mind, just didn't expect it."

Rosé looked calmer and we both softly laughed.
"Why won't you tell the others?"
"I don't know... I guess I'm just not as confident as you girls are. Like you're all so comfortable with saying this kind of stuff and- I don't know..."

"Y'all just sit wherever." Said Gottmik as she took her seat at the dinner table. "Looks like my mum left some spaghetti bolognese."
I sat next to Rosé and for the dinner, I attempted to make small talk with others despite feeling extremely nervous and out of place.

It wasn't like the girls were going to judge me, so why was I so scared? I was scared of a lot of things. I was scared of injury, failure... judgement...
My friends cared so much about me, they were out too, what would be the difference if I was out too?

I wanted to keep my persona up.

The perfect golden child. Perfect grades, perfect looks, the perfect boyfriend. The perfect life. That's who everyone wants me to be, but it's certainly not the person I am.

In fact, I am broken, waiting for someone to help fix me. You really never know how broken you until you crack... little did I know, I had barley scratched the surface.