B.2 Chapter Seventy-Two

Emperor Cabel sits in his room, dressed by butlers and maids.
He stares into the mirror, watching the help dress him in a cream and gold coloured suit.
They clip a cream cape onto his suit, attaching gold accessories. His hair styled neatly swept back, until they slide white gloves onto his hands.
He gazes at his uniform, his eyes watching the movements of everyone.
His eyes dart to Lance who stands in the back, deep in his thoughts.
Lance stands in a formal gold and black suit, his hair styled neatly.
"All of you out, except for Lance." Emperor Cabel coldly spits out.
The servants quickly leave the room, leaving Lance alone.
"Out with it, you've been staring like you want to speak." Emperor Cabel adjusts his cravat.
Lance thinks to himself, sighing.
"Your highness... I don't need to remind you, but I hope you'll do well to remember that..." Lance trails off.
"That, what?"
"That... Though you and Lady Luna are permitted to meet and stay with each other until sunrise, you must remember you're not allowed to..." Lance pauses, his cheeks slightly growing red, "That you're not allowed to... 'Make love'..."
Lance grows embarrassed as he speaks, doing his best to stay calm.
Emperor Cabel looks back at Lance, his expression calm until he breaks into a laugh.
Lance looks back at him, surprised.
"W-What is it? Have I offended you?" Lance asks, worried.
"No, that's impossible if it's you. I'll be sure to remember it, since my adorable brother asked." Emperor Cabel snickers, holding back his laughter.
Lance grows more embarrassed, looking away.
"How amusing though." Emperor Cabel speaks.
"What is?"
"This feels as if it's déjà vu."
Lance thinks to himself, nodding.
"It does... I believe this has happened before." Lance speaks.
"Hm?"
"I remember the last time this situation happened, I was warning you to stay away from Lady Luna..."
Emperor Cabel smiles, realizing.
"That's right. You warned me since I've been close to her as Hayden, and now I'm attending the ball with her as my fiancée."
Lance smiles, nodding.
"It seems as if it was ages ago when you and Lady Luna first met for tea." Lance speaks, reminiscing.
"It does... It seems natural that she was always with me. It's hard to remember a time where I lived without knowing her."
Lance chuckles, walking up to Emperor Cabel.
"Time does fly. I remember scolding you, when you first invited her for tea." Lance chuckles, picking lint off Emperor Cabel's jacket.
"Ah, yes. You scolded me for not being receptive to her attempts at conversing."
"Then you tried speaking to her about desserts. It was the first time I've seen someone force a dessert onto you." Lance snickers.
Emperor Cabel smiles.
"How long we've come... Lance, you've been by my side for years. It will grow suspicious if my butler is my man of honour, but will you be okay with it?"
Lance nods, smiling kindly.
"Of course, your highness. I'm honoured to be there for yours, and Lady Luna's special day." Lance bows his head.
"Good." Emperor Cabel looks at the clock, "Come, it's time to meet my fiancée."
Lance nods, following Emperor Cabel out of the room.

They walk to the parlour after dropping by Luna's bedroom.
Magnolia informing them on the way, she was in the parlour with a guest.
"What kind of nonsense is this? How dare a guest meet her before me." Emperor Cabel scoffs.
"Magnolia said it was a guest from another kingdom. If it was important, it would make sense for Lady Luna to greet them."
"Hm... Still, what an annoyance that I don't get to see my own fiancée first."
Emperor Cabel opens the doors for the parlour.
His eyes widen as an older lady holds Luna.
The woman's arm on her back, while she holds a bin.
Luna hunches over, throwing up into a bin.