Chapter 16: Draco is sus

Harry had been working with Dumbledore for the past few months. We've also, however, have been keeping an eye on Draco. After the conversation that Harry overheard on the train, he's been suspicious that Draco has turned to the other side and has become a Death Eater.

He's saying it's secret, but he's learning how to stop Voldemort. While Harry's with Dumbledore, he told me to watch over Draco with the Marauder's Map and see what he could be doing.

~~~

I lay in my bed, munching on a Pumpkin Pasty I took from dinner while scanning over the halls in the map. Draco was nowhere on the parchment. At this point, I was exhausted, and I just wanted to go to bed. Maybe Harry was overreacting?

Suddenly, Draco's name appeared just outside of a wall, and he started to walk back down to the dungeons to the Slytherin common room. He couldn't have apparated; I don't think he even has his license yet! Besides, no one can apparate in or out of Hogwarts except Dumbledore. Immediately, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

The Room of Requirement.

Even if Dumbledore's army wasn't using it anymore, it still existed and could be used by those worthy of help. I quickly threw on my coat and shoes and hurried down to the room. I crossed my fingers, praying it would let me in. The door clicked and started to open up to me, and I went inside.

This wasn't the practice room we had been using the Room of Requirement for in Dumbledore's army. The walls were stacked high with various books, papers, and knick-knacks.

There was a cabinet in the center that stood open. I peeked inside and covered my mouth. A bird lay dead there, its wings spread out and lifeless. "You poor thing," I whisper, putting it into my pocket. "I'll give you a proper burial, sweetheart."

I walked out of the room and saw a glint of lantern light. Fucking hell, Filch.

I cast a quick "Mufflato" in his direction before running back up the stairs towards my dorm. I couldn't wait to tell Harry what I'd found.

~~~

"So, you're saying that Draco is up to something, and it has to do with the Room of Requirement?" Harry asked when I told him at the lake the following day.

I nodded. "And look!" I pull out the bird from my bag, "Whatever he did, killed this little guy."

Harry took the bird in his hands, "I really want to know what he's up to." He dug a bit into the grass on the hill to bury the bird, "It doesn't sound good."

I nod in agreement. Ron continues the conversation by changing the topic. "So, Harry! These lessons with Dumbledore! Please, tell us!"

Harry sighed. "Fine. I'm going with him to destroy Voldemort's Horcruxes."

I stared at him, confused, "What's a Horcrux?" Ron and Hermione nodded, also a bit unsure.

"Voldemort split his soul and put each part into seven different objects." He sighed, "So that he may live eternally."

Ron's, Hermione's, and mine's jaws dropped. "You're kidding." Harry shook his head. "You've gotta be fucking kidding me. He's immortal, is what you're saying?" Ron exclaimed.

"Nope. He's mortal. At least, if we destroy them all." He bit his lip and fiddled with his hands, "And I will destroy them all."

I hugged Harry, "And we'll help as much as possible!" I turned to Ron and Hermione, "Right?"

Harry shook his head, stammering, "N-No!" His face went red, forcing away tears, "I don't want to put you or your families in danger. I have to be alone in this."

I grabbed his Gryffindor tie and pulled him to me, a stern look on my face. "Absolutely not! I'm not going to risk you dying working on this alone." I kissed him deeply, and he hugged me. "We're helping you, Harry. Whether you like it or not."

~~~

Harry and I decided to follow Draco around the school to see what he was up to. He went into the boys' bathroom one night in a hurry, sniffling and trying to hide sobs. We followed him inside to find him hovering over the sink, sobbing. "I'm a monster...."

I couldn't help but respond, "You're not," but I slapped my hand to my mouth as soon as I said it.

He turned around. "What are you guys doing here?!" He shouted, a whimper in his voice.

"The real question is...," started Harry, "what have YOU been doing?"

Draco collapsed on the floor, unable to gather the energy to argue with us. "Y-You don't know. Y-You don't want to know."

I sat beside him, stroking his back up and down calmly. "Know what, Draco?"

"He-He's going to kill me if I don't do it." He smirks, "Although he sort of already has." He unbuttons his shirt and reveals a significant bite mark on his shoulder. We look up at him in surprise, and he nods, confirming our concerns.

"Greyback..." I whisper, "Just like Professor Lupin, eh?"

Draco chuckles. "I've been using the Shrieking Shack on the nights I transform." He looks down, biting his lip. "D-Dumbledore showed me."

Harry leans on a stall. "So, other than this, what else have you been doing?"

Draco says, "You don't want to know." Harry nodded, egging him on to tell us. Finally, Draco sighed. "The Dark Lord wants me to kill Dumbledore."

~~~