Chapter 1: Confession

The Warrior brings his exhausted, covered in blood body toward the enemies. He is alone, his army was annihilated, and his allies abandoned him. The fate of once powerful empire is rest entirely on a sole survivor of the war. Who is now like a candle try to stay alive in a storm. However, with the courage and pride of a soldier, he gives the army’s leader a cold glare. He is ready to fight a glorious battle, and die bravely. But still, he will die. The Warrior pulls out his sword from a battle ware holster and stares at his reflection. He pray to his sword with his clan’s Code of Honor “Life is my reason. Courage is my strength. Honor is my hope. Freedom is my salvation.” The Warrior stands up, look at the blue sky for one last time and run toward the army. The sun is covered by millions of arrow that rain down upon the Warrior…

“No…”

The boy finally woke up from his nightmare, soaking wet with sweats. The boy’s striped pajama was soaking even though the temperature is well below freezing. His red eye glow in the dark room like a lantern. He rubbed his temple and jump down from the upper bunk bed.

“It’s the twentieth times now, what is it trying to tell me?” He looked at his clock “Crap, its 6:00 am. I’m late”

He jumped down from his upper bed and try to waked his younger twins up. Today is their last day of school.

“Ignis, Ignis. Wake up kid. We’re late!”- The boy called out his twins’s name relentlessly while putting on his uniform

“Ugh…..5 more minutes Auran…..”

“Come on man! It’s 6:00 am. We’re late”

“Hm….but I don’t wanna wake up..”- Ignis growl a bit before go back to his slumber.

“Ignis!” Auran hopelessly shake his twin’s bed, begging him to wake up. Auran gave up on his lazy twin, stood up with a grind“You left me with no other choice”

Auran grab Ignis’s pillow with his forehand and Ignis’s leg by the other, the young boy let out a devil grin before flipping his twin off the bed, literally sented him flying. Ignis, could not predict the sudden act of vendalism, hug his head and roll on the ground crying in pain even though he bearly felt the impact. The other half just laughed, Auran know his “clone” tantrum trick way too good, he just can't explain that to his parents about it. Auran put on the School's signature hat.His messy hair always got stuck in the buttons. So much so that he was once called “Bird nest”. But after today, no one will call him that anymore. He shall be freed.

“Hey bro. Will Stella come too?”- Ignis asked Auran while putting on his socks. “Today is the last day, we....no, you should go check on her.”

Auran just smiled back in answer. His best friend and secret crush Stella Cressium has always miss school events ever since elementary. Last year she even miss her scholarship date. Stella is a smart kid, one of the most intelligent children on Myrendel. She is just too lazy. She said that her philosophy is “Laziness is the mother of all genius”.

“Worry about yourself first, kiddo”- Auran knocked Ignis on the head. He is well known for devastating head knocking. “Change quickly and go to school, i'll go check on Stel. Just reserve our spot, yeah?”

Ignis playfully punched Auran on the shoulder and ran down stair. Their parents have left early in the morning so breakfast was left on the table. Ignis dashes to the table, take a sandwich with a banana and run to the door. Auran looked at his breakfast, pouted a little bit. “Peanut butter jelly….every single damn day…”. Auran put on his favorite rollerblade and dash out of the house. He dashed toward Stella house. No one can miss that house; it's like a modern time palace. The house's owner is Stella, and just herself. Her family is among the most well-known royal family- The Crescent Lotus. Definitely no surprise when their daughter own a palace and rank 1 in Quantum Physic and Social Science in the entire country. Auran stood in front of Stella house, knowing that she’s still wrap up in her bed. He took out his phone and call Stella’s number.