Chapter Fourteen

I do not own Naruto, Kishimoto does.

Obito gaped at Rin, thanking whatever god there was that he was still wearing his mask, he was sure that whatever look he had on his face wasn't great. Ignoring the pain he felt he asked, "how did you break the genjutsu?"

Rin gave him a smile that made his heart ache, "I have Isobu with me, he is the one that broke it after he freed himself." Rin kneeled in front of him, "your injured, let me heal you." She raised her hands the green glow of the Shōsen Jutsu already shinning.

Obito felt a guilt rise into his chest, he caught her right wrist with his left hand, "don't worry about it. I'll heal eventually." He looked down at the hole in his stomach and in a whisper, he said, "I don't deserve it."

Rin didn't hear that last part, "It's no problem really, better you get this healed now. It could cause major problems if you don't heal correctly."

Obito shook his head, "I'm already healing. I will be fine."

Rin puffed out her cheeks, "how many times have I told you to not hide your wounds, keep this up and I'm gonna hit you hard enough to break your mask."

Obito felt a heat rise to his face, once again thanking whatever god is out there that he did have his mask, "fine."

She placed her hands over his wound, he could feel her chakra accelerating his body's already great healing ability. "Wow you do heal fast!" Rin exclaimed, "my chakra is hardly making a difference that's incredible Obito."

"Um, thanks I guess." Obito replied, not sure of what else to say. How do you go about talking to someone you cared about after the things he's done? The seal Madara placed on him did push him to certain things, right? Obito couldn't answer, but his mind was feeling clearer than it has since he saw Rin almost die. Hopefully he will be able to dissect how much of who he is was the seal and how much was just who he is now.

He still felt a tinge of happiness for what he did to Danzo, the Kiri Anbu, and countless others he killed. He truly didn't know if he should be worried about that or not. He looked at Rin's concentrating eyes. The guilt began to grow within him so much so that he quickly turned his gaze to anything else. He didn't know if he was feeling guilty because of the atrocities he committed or because he really wasn't that young boy she fell in love with. Maybe it was a combination of both.

"Obito," Rin said breaking him from his musings, "can you take your mask off for me?"

Through his peripherals he could see that Rin's eyes were now on his mask. He nodded. He took a breath as his hand lifted the mask from his head. He set it down next to him. He still avoiding looking Rin in the eyes.

Her smile grew brighter, "thank you. I like you better when you're not wearing a mask." Obito felt a small surge in his heart. Rin continued, "you look tired Obito. Can you tell me what happened?"

Obito froze, could he tell her? What would she think of him if she knew everything? He already wasn't in that great of a light with his limited interactions with her when he was pretending to be Madara. The look on her face when he observed her from the distance still showed that she still saw light in this world. Even without the cursed seal, Obito still saw mostly darkness. He didn't want her to see the world as a black hell like he did.

"I don't want to." Obito answered.

Her smile fell into a frown, "you look like you need to talk to someone. You can still talk to me, you know. You used to tell me everything."