MAAHI!!!

Tu rang hai mera
Noor hai tu

Aadat teri mujhe
Fitoor hai tu

Shaurya was constantly staring a picture- their wedding picture. All the memories flushed back to him. The love. The euphoria. The pleasure. The happiness. The nervousness.

But that was all ages ago. 6 years ago to be precise. Now he had someone else in his life too. This someone special had the guts to divert his attention from anokhi to herself. Though anokhi is an inseparable part of his but this cutie pie could make him forget her for sometime. This someone could easily make him smile even in his darkest nights.

He turned around to find the special one on his bed. Sleeping peacefully, tention free, she looked no less than angel. His little angel. His Maahi!
He was looking at her in awe when suddenly he felt two small hands wrapped around his waist. He smiled and turned around.

There she stood smiling at him.

Anokhi: kya hua....aaj aise hi ghoorte rhoge usse....sona nhi h??

Shaurya: man hi nhi kr rha....bas aisa lag rha h ki tum dono ko dekhta hi rhu, dekhta hi rhu...ye pal yhi tham jaaye....poori duniya ruk jaaye.....bas tum dono mere saamne rho aur kuch nhi chahiye!!

Anokhi: han to hum kaha jaa rhe h....yhi h tumhare paas...humesha!!

Shaurya: I know.....aur kahi jaane bhi nhi dunga main tum dono ko....kabhi nhi!!

Having said that he moved towards the bed , holding her hand in his. He sat down near Maahi and kissed on her forehead. Maahi, who was not in a deep sleep, opened her eyes and looked at him. She gave her million dollar smile.

Tere saath mein ho subah

Tu hi sabse pehle ho haan

Shaurya: tum soyi nhi...mujhe to laga tum so gyi!

Maahi: neend aa hi nhi rhi h....to eyes close krke leti hui hu.....Lori suna do na pa!!

Shaurya (smiles): bacha pa ki Lori sun li na to bachi hui neend bhi chali jaegi!
Ek min....mamma ki Lori sunenge hum...ok?

Maahi: ok!!

Anokhi smiled seeing them but she could not sing, so she nodded in a no. She might have a sore throat he thought, so he played the recorded Lori, which anokhi sang when she was trying to calm down the baby in her womb. From that time itself it was Maahi's favourite lullaby.

Raaton mein baatein teri

Naa neend ko de jagah

Playing the lullaby he lied beside her and anokhi sat on the couch across the bed having a clear view of the father daughter duo.

Maahi was narrating some school stories with him and he was enjoying it thoroughly.

Tere paas harpal rahun

Yahi aarzu hai meri

Having their little gossip, she dozed off while he laid there patting her lovingly.

He looked back at anokhi who was still smiling seeing them. He remembers the time when he first held Maahi.

Saanson mein teri mehek

Ho haathon mein haath tera
Mere seene ki dhadkan hai tu bann gaya