Festive

During a particularly festive day, where guests of the state ran ammock just about everywhere, Francis and Mary found themselves divided by duty. The court is rejoicing, and while he was raising toasts and laughing at amusing things, it was when he tried to seek out Mary did he truly feel his heart was full.

“What's so funny?” He whispers against her ears, wrapping his arms around the small of her waist. She barely jumps, no longer surprised because they were so in tune with eachother that their body immediately recognizes when the other part of it's soul is near. She leans against him.

“Nothing.” Her lips pursed with her words, teasing. He was even more curious when she giggled.

“Come on, what is it?” He chides, resting his chin against her bare shoulder. Since seeing her across the room, he had wanted to take a bite on her smooth neck, and leave marks on the generous clavicle her black and green dress unveils. Though, Mary was fussy when it came to marks; she loves wearing pretty dresses, and he couldn't really say he doesn't like seeing her roam the castle looking ravishing as always. She gets awfully embarassed whenever she gets lovebites, more because of her conservative and reserved upbringing, and the marks entailed she was thoroughly made love to by her husband. It was true, though. Nothing to be embarassed about, he once said. But he got a tiny pinch from her dainty hands when he tried to be cheeky.

“Well, since you asked so kindly.” she rolls her eyes teasingly, then looked at him sideways. He winks at her, and she giggles. “What can i say? I'm a charmer.”

“Hmm, so handsome.” She drags out the word and he kisses her cheeks. “This foreign envoy, who's quite naïve when it comes to Europe and europeans in general, she had this misconception about our people,” She narrates with a chuckle, “That French people just make cheese and make love.”

Francis laughs, “Cheese and making love? That doesn't sound so bad.”

“Yep.” Her hands come up to touch his face, eyes bright and full of mirth. “So i boasted— my husband also tries to make peace, but he's a very skilled lover.”

“The scandal.” He gasps, and she laughs this time. “Mary Stuart Valois-Angôuleme, who teaches you these things?”

“I have a special teacher that i see behind my husband's back.” She replies in a hushed voice, as if telling a secret.

“Oh? Does the unassuming husband knows?” he tightens her hug on her waist and she gasps by surprise.

“No, he might play very rough.” She laughed when he brushes his stubbles against her neck, vigorously rubbing it back and forth that she squirmed and shrieked while trying to get away from him. “Francis!” She whisper shouts, and he laughed heartily.

To the courtiers marvel, and Catherine De Medici scoffs yet claps her hands, in order to gain back the attention to herself and away from the young King and Queen. A sight of two people happily married, much more; of royalty was a rare sight, with the endless temptations a King's station attracts, and the Queen's beauty inspires, it was a lovestory spread fsr and wide, of how their love can withstand the trials of time.