Part 65

Dear diary,
When I woke up I knew everything. "Klaus's she's awake" Rebekah yelled into the hallway. Both Elijah and Klaus pushed though the door. I could tell how anxious they both were. As they squeezed though the doorway Rebekah rolled her eyes. "Well, I going to make some tea" Rebekah said giving a wink before forcing the boys from her path. Classic Rebekah leaving me with all the responsibility. Elijah slid to the side as he adjusted his tie, trying to avoid Rebekah's path. I sat up in the bed leaning my back against the head board. I rubbed my eyes, hoping soon my headache would fade. "How are you feeling?" Klaus wondered as he shyly approached me. He sat on the bed he moving his hand close to mine. "I'm fin-" I began to say placing my hand on his giving it a squeeze. Then I saw flashes of scene's playing on in my head. China. It was filled with Davidia involucrata trees as their beautiful white blossoms rustled in the wind. My portrait being taken. The tiny man yelling at me to sit still. Then a funeral. I could feel a wave of sadness past though me. A war. I was leading troops of soldiers into battle on a slivered horse. Then the construction of the Great Wall of China. And finally my death. I was stabbed to death in my sleep by my former lovers brother, because he left me the empire upon his death. Klaus quickly ripped his hand away from mine, causing the vision to fade. "Did you see that?" I asked him confused but his sudden rush of shock. He nodded, his face pure white. Sadness in his eyes. I looked up to see Elijah flipping though the book. "No" I said, lifting my hand. The book quickly flying into my grasp. I aggressively slammed it shut. "Something isn't right about this book, and I don't trust it with anyone" I passionately said looking deeply into Elijah's eyes. "Why do you find it suddenly so dangerous" Elijah said before taking a long pause. "Is this how you got your memories back?" He asked me, taking a step closer is finger pointed at me. Accusing me. "How did you?" I asked pausing in my sentence, my face concerned. "I read it in the book" Elijah stammered. "It was Georgina, she is the reason" I said as the book disappeared from my fingertips. Hopefully it would be lost forever. "You trusted her" Elijah yelled at me. "Yes I did" I yelled back, clearly making Klaus uncomfortable. "Why are you so concerned?" I asked Elijah, my brow furrowed. Elijah rubbed his temple. As soon as I saw the look of embarrassment on his face, I knew the reason. He loved me. Elijah loved me. And I knew he just wanted to protect me. Elijah gave me one last look because shaking his head. "I can't do this now" he mumbled under his breath before leaving the room. Leaving me and Klaus. I assumed Rebekah had seen his outburst and went to comfort him because she never returned. "You should get some rest" Klaus said giving me a reassuring but awkward smile. I gave he a small nodded as I bit dead skin from my lip, trying to cope with my sudden anxiety. Klaus said nothing as he left the room shutting the door behind him. I sighed, falling back onto the bed. It didn't matter, my plan still stood. I would leave at dawn. As night consumed the day. I lit a candle to shed some light, as I began packing my things. "Where do you think you're going?" Klaus's deep voice spoke from behind me. I forgot that he enjoyed watching me sleep in the night. "I'm leaving" I said pursing my lips together, not looking back. "You can't just pack up and leave" he said taking a step closer, making the hairs on the neck stand on edge. "I have to" I breathed turn to him. Unable to look him in the eye. He grabbed my chin lifting it slightly so I could face him. He face was tinted with candle light. He seemed so refined and chiselled. "Klaus I miss them, and we can't hide here forever" I whispered knowing these weren't words he would take lightly. "It's not safe" he said making a quick excuse. He cupped his hands around my face, making me feel small. I shook my head, pushing his hands away. I stayed silent as I turned back, pick my bag up from the bed. Slowly walking to the door, as I fought the urge to look back. I reached for the doorknob leaving my right hand free. Before my fingers even reached the door, Klaus grabbed my free arm pulling into a kiss. Out of shock I dropped the bag. As it loudly hit the floor I wrapped my hands around Klaus's face drawing him in. He grabbed my thighs hoisting me up and gently placing me on the vanity. I dropped one of my hands to brace myself for what was about to happen. As I placed my hand down, I realize I had touched wet paint. I giggled as I smeared paint on Klaus's cheek. In the candle light I could see the paint was a dark grass green. He paused, confused... before he grabbed a big handful of the paint smearing it all over me. I giggled again playfully pushing back, but Klaus was strong. He grabbed my wrist pushing them up against the glass mirror of the vanity. "Even covered it paint you are beautiful" he said leaning dramatically close. "And you look awfully green" I said questioning is integrity. Klaus quickly dropped my wrists, latching on to my legs pulling them towards him. "Are you questioning my morals Ms. Grace" he whispered into my ear as he slipped his fingers into my undergarments. I could feel my heart skip a beat. If he wanted to play I'd would play. I grabbed onto the collar of his shirt pulling him closer. I could see the paint dripping from his face as he licked his lips desperately awaiting my response. "I want to get paint in unimaginable places" I said playing with the button on his shirt. Klaus leaned is head back letting out a deep breath. "Your wish is my command"