Roceit: The Golden Brush

Puppy! Roman, Caregiver! Janus

---

Pet Regression is one of the many things that society finds odd due to the lack of brain cells they hold when it comes to something that seems at least slightly odd. However, this fact has never stopped Roman from living his best life as Janus' puppy.  They live in a relatively nice home, it's a one-bedroom, in which they of course share. Roman didn't participate in pet regression every day, but when he did, he put on something of Janus'. Usually, it was one of his sweaters or hoodies—as he rarely wears such things.

Janus is as classy as they come, he's a very good lawyer and will have criminals locked up as quickly as he's able. Sometimes it's a bit disappointing with how much Janus has to work, but Roman doesn't mind so much, because, on days like these, he's dressed in a bright yellow sweater that fell to his thigh with a fake, fluffy tail clipped onto a high pair of plain shorts. He loved the tails and ears, even if they're fake. They're fluffy and he loved the way it swayed behind him. After the tail, came the fuzzy ears that he could clip onto his hair, hiding the clips away in his hair. The last accessory was his personal favorite. Janus gifted him a bright red collar that didn't cling to his neck but didn't hang like a necklace. It was perfect. Everything was perfect. Especially the yellow tag that boldly spelled out "Roman" in black letters. On the back, in smaller letters, Janus had "If lost, please return to Janus Sanders" Placed. And God, reading it sent a delightful shudder up his spine.

He belonged to Janus.

"Pup," Came a silky voice and Roman glances up from his spot on the floor next to Janus, who seemed to be reading. Roman tried to read the title, but that was a silly attempt. Puppies can't read.

Well, Roman being dyslexic probably didn't help with that fact.

Either way, he leaned over, resting his head on Janus' head, nuzzling at his hand as he petted his head. "You're awfully quiet," He points out, his hand dipping down to lightly scratch under his chin, which had Roman wiggling happily.

He didn't say much, puppies couldn't talk, he only ever spoke if he absolutely needed to, or if Janus wanted a verbal response to a question—which ninety-five percent of the time was regarding his safety or comfort. So when Janus spoke, he merely nudged his hand before closing his eyes.

"Puppy's getting lost in his head again, aren't you?" He asks, his voice was low, which matched with the quiet atmosphere. Roman didn't answer again, but he did lightly nod his head, grinning as he received light head pats at his response. "Well that just won't do, hm? Why don't you go play with a few toys?"

Roman perked up at the word "toy" and his eyes snapped open, immediately bobbing his head rapidly. Snickering, Janus gently nudges him.

"Go on then, go grab your shiny red ball and play for a bit, I'll be in here, don't get into trouble now."

Roman merely nods his head, barely listening as he was already trotting out of the room. What a great idea!  Janus always has good ideas.

Roman found himself in front of a light pink dog bed that was set in the bedroom, there, he leaned down and bit down on a silent, bright red ball. He chewed on it lightly, shaking his head from side to side once it was clenched between his teeth. He laid on the bed, curling up as he nibbled at the ball because nothing in the world mattered more than his shiny red ball.

Well.

That was until his eyes found a shiny, golden hairbrush.

It wasn't any shiny, golden hairbrush though. It's Roman's Golden hairbrush.

Now, Janus may or may not have already brushed his hair what? Twice already, but once he saw it, he needed Janus to brush his hair, because he's a perfect puppy with lovely hair. Dropping his ball back on the bed, he crawled towards the shelf, leaning up, whining as he found he couldn't quite reach it by straining his neck, so instead, he held up his hand, lightly swatting at it, grinning as it fell and picked it up, heading right back into the living room, a giddy rush of excitement rushing through his body as he did.

As he entered the living room, Janus didn't glance up, even as he heard his puppy. However, as he felt a lightweight in his lap, he lifted his book, raising an eyebrow at the very familiar brush, and gave an exasperated sigh.

"Puppy no, I just brushed your hair," He insists, lowering his book, attempting to focus on his last paragraph, however, Roman wouldn't give up that easily.

The puppy pouted and gently nudged at his knee, whining softly, even leaning up and licking at his knuckles. He was gently pushed away, but Roman kept bugging the man, and soon, his head was resting in his lap and his whimpering became Louder and non-stop.

Finally, Janus set his book aside and gave another sigh. "Okay, okay, come along," He says, patting his lap. Within seconds, Roman perked up and wiggled his backside to show his excitement before climbing on up, licking his face in appreciation, earning a smile that he failed to hide behind a mock grimace.

"Spoiled Princess," He teases, gently adjusting him until they were both comfortable. With brush in his hand, Roman eagerly awaited, ready to be groomed and pampered like the spoiled puppy that he is.

Gently, Janus cupped underneath the back of his hair and easily slipped the brush in between the individual strands of his dyed hair, pressing the Brussels against his scalp lightly before bringing it down, chuckling as Roman melted.

"Oh yes, puppy loves being pampered don't you?" Janus croons, gently replacing the brush briefly with his fingers, lightly massaging his scalp, snickering further as Roman mewled, leaning further into his hold, his cheeks a brilliant red color that Janus just adored.

He really is his pampered princess. Janus spoils the puppy silly, but he wouldn't have it any other way, he really wouldn't.