i. You Lose some

ONE,You Lose Some

ONE,
You Lose Some

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

   YOU COULD SAY magnolia Fletcher had a thing for being caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And given her recent group of friends, if you could even call them that, the odds have increased. No matter where you found her, trouble would be quick to follow. More often than not, in the form of a blonde pouge with a crooked smile; jj maybank.

    The boy was like a trouble magnet. And that statement was only proved to be more right everyday that he hung around Maggie. It wasn't his fault the teenage hormones took control trying to impress her. Really it wasn't! He just needed her attention. It might've had something to do with his lack there of in his childhood.

    Maggie had read a magazine about that a couple weeks ago. Growing up and remembering trauma can lead people to try and comfort themselves with whatever or whoever they can. Sometimes getting too attached maybe even dependent on them. But she could've been reaching, reaching really far. He seemed to try and find comfort in the crevices of Magnolia herself. He burrowed into the hollow of her ribs and she cradled him in the darkest times of his nights.

     In the past she found him sleeping on her dock. Once she came across the boy one morning he was embarrassed to say the least. He was bashful and ashamed to have been caught, rambling about how it seemed to be slightly warmer on this side of the island, which was arguable in Maggie's opinion. Still, she was confused. Why did he not tell her about his situation? Sure she knew of his home life but more often times than not he always found somewhere to crash, John b's, Heywards, sometimes even ms. Lana was an option. He never once mentioned to Maggie that he hadn't had anywhere to go during the cold nights of summer. From that night on he climbed the old tree outside of her balcony to reach the door and window leading to her room.

Her room was rather empty, just some books lying around, aswell as velvet swatches she had liked a bit too much hung messily on the wall. She had trust fund money up to her neck now that her sister dropped dead. It was nauseating to think about really. She never pondered on the concept of death until the wreck, but now it was all that filled her mind. Pope could usually give her some insight to grief from a coroners perspective, it would mostly just gross her out rather than help her cope but it helped nonetheless.

    Some coping mechanisms were obviously better than others. And it seemed that Jj Maybank had taken up a mix of the two.

    Anyway, you could imagine where exactly magnolias irritation came from when she spotted his blonde mop of hair sticking out the window of his best friends hippie van as he waved erratically at her. Jesus who gave John b a fucking license?!