Chapter 20- Strategy

"Hnn- that feels a lot different than I expected." Said y/n.

Kaeya laughed deep in his throat. He was kneeling on the floor in front of her, his hands on either side of her neck.
"Well what did you expect, darling?"

"I don't know. Maybe just a stab of ice?"

Kaeya laughed louder and sat back on his heels.
"It's healing, why would it stab?"

"I- I didn't really think it through." She smiled and patted his hand. "You're doing great, though."

Kaeya grinned his sideways smirk and ran his long icy fingers down to the top of her dress. His touch sent shivers through y/n's body but she didn't mind. She could feel the red marks and purple spots fading from her neck and chest.
Kaeya lifted the neckline of her dress and looked down.

"I think I'll leave these ones."

Y/n could feel her ears burning and she looked down.
"Um, may I ask why?"

"Because." Kaeya dragged his knuckle over her collarbone and planted a light kiss on her jaw.
"I want you to remember this."

Y/n rolled her eyes and slowly stood up.

"Can you lace me up again?"

"Of course."

Y/n turned around and Kaeya set his slender hands on her hips, languidly working each thread through the small holes from where he had unceremoniously removed them. Y/n bit her cheek to keep from smiling as his skin brushed hers, even as he was busy with the act of  re-dressing her before they would have to face their friends.

She grimaced.

"Kaeya?"

"Hmm...?"
His mouth was bunched to one side as he squinted at the threads in the low light.

"How are we going to explain why we've been gone for so long?"

"I really don't think you'll need to darling."

"Huh?"

"Diluc knows better than to ask, and I have a feeling everyone else will be distracted by our little intruders."

Y/n was about to ask what he meant by that when there was a crash from the direction of the front hall. Y/n quickly straightened her hair and smoothed her dress before marching quickly after Kaeya as he went to investigate.

 Y/n quickly straightened her hair and smoothed her dress before marching quickly after Kaeya as he went to investigate

Eula was standing in the main hall holding Razor and Bennett by their collars.

"I knew something was up." She said. Razor thrashed and squirmed until she shook him a bit and let some ice leak on to his neck.

Diluc was staring dubiously down at Razor while Kaeya seemed to have his eyes on Bennett. Jean was the one who spoke first.

"What were you boys doing sneaking around the manor?"