Three

Natasha, Steve, Bucky, and Clint stood in horrified awe, squinting as their eyes adjusted to the harsh light. The room had an impossibly high ceiling and was split down the middle. The right was set up like an O.R. Long counters lined the far right corner, littered with medical supplies. On the wall hung hundreds of meticulously organized instruments, ranging from a tiny metal syringe to a two-foot-long orthopedic saw.

Natasha's stomach turned as she observed that several instruments were not clean.

The left half of the room had been separated from the right with a thick wall of glass. Unlike the cluttered medical side of the room, the left was nearly empty. Behind the glass lay only a stained cot and a small toilet.

Despite their bizarre surroundings, nothing caught the team's attention more than the two persons before them.

A tall, balding man stood from the crouched position he had previously assumed behind an operating table. Bucky grew uneasy as the man gazed hungrily at his vibranium arm.

The team immediately knew that this man was the Doctor.

The door to the room suddenly burst open again, and the creepy man from the hallway stood behind the heroes, scowling and holding two guns.

Clint rolled his eyes and grinned at the large bump on the side of the man's head. "Should have kicked you a bit harder".

The man growled and lifted his gun.

The Doctor motioned for him to stand down. Straightening the lapels of his dirty white coat, he turned to look at the quivering figure pressed behind him.

"Angel, Micah, we have visitors", he waved.

The other person was a young woman- wearing a thin tank top, small shorts that barely covered her skinny thighs, and a large pea coat. Over her head were bulky black headphones. Even from across the room Nat could tell how wide her brown eyes were.

Steve stepped forward and cleared his throat. "I assume you know who we are".

"Ah, yes, the noble yet idiotic Avengers...", he chuckled. "I'm surprised it took you so long to find us here". Narrowing his eyes, his gaze fell upon Bucky. "Привет, Winter Soldier".

Bucky clenched his metal fist tightly. "That's not my name", he gritted out.

Natasha glared at the Doctor, palming her favorite knife. "Well, Doc, mind explaining why you've got vibranium down here? And who the hell is this?", Nat questioned, gesturing to the small girl.

He ignored the team, strutting over to a cabinet and pulling out a small remote. Casually flipping it in his hand, he shifted towards the girl. Her small face paled at the sight of the device.

"Angel," the Doctor said silkily, "dispose of them".

"S-Sir," she stammered, "... they look really strong. I cannot fight them".

Steve raised his eyebrows. The Doctor expected this girl to take on the four of them?

The tall man glared at Angel. Growling, he lifted the remote towards her.

"You will comply".

"P-please- please don't". Angel shook her head frantically, tears beginning to stream down her face.

Steve stepped forward, his eyes full with concern and hands up in a placating gesture. "Hey, we don't want any trou-".

An agonizing scream interrupted him- coming from Angel, whose limbs seized as she sank to the ground. The Doctor stood over her, pushing a button on the remote.