The Unquiet Dead

Inside the TARDIS, it is mayhem. The whole ship is shaking and alarm is going off. 

THE DOCTOR: Hold that one down! 

ROSE: I'm HOLDING this one down! 

THE DOCTOR: Well, hold them BOTH down! 

LEXI: It's not going to work! 

THE DOCTOR: Oi! I promised you both a time machine and that's what you're getting. Now, you've seen the future, let's have a look at the past. 1860. How does 1860 sound? 

ROSE: What happened in 1860? 

THE DOCTOR: I don't know, let's find out. Hold on, here we go! 

The TARDIS screeches through the time vortex.

The TARDIS materializes on a deserted street. Snow is falling. 

INT. TARDIS 

The controls are steaming and the Doctor, Lexi and Rose are lying on the floor laughing. They get up. 

ROSE: Blimey! 

THE DOCTOR: You're telling me! Are you alright? 

LEXI: Yeah!

ROSE: Yeah. I think so! Nothing broken... did we make it? Where are we? 

THE DOCTOR (studying the screen): I did it! Give the man a medal. Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860. 

ROSE: That's so weird... it's Christmas. 

The Doctor gestures towards the door. 

THE DOCTOR: All yours. 

ROSE: But, it's like... think about it, though. Christmas. 1860. Happens once. Just once, and it's gone. It's finished. It'll never happen again. Except for you. (Studies him intently). You can go back and see days that are dead and gone and a hundred thousand sunsets ago... no wonder you never stay still... 

THE DOCTOR: Not a bad life. 

LEXI: Better with three. 

They grin at each other for a few moments. Then Rose dashes towards the door. Lexi waits by the console. 

ROSE (CONT'D): Come on then! 

THE DOCTOR: Oi, oi, oi! Where do you think you're going?! 

ROSE: 1860! 

THE DOCTOR: Go out there dressed like that, you'll start a riot, Barbarella! There's a wardrobe through there. First left, second right, third on the left, go straight ahead, under the stairs, past the bins, it's the fifth door on your left. Hurry up! 

Rose rushes off to get changed with Lexi. The Doctor grins after them.

Lexi looks for a dress while speaking to her father.

LEXI: We're somewhere around 1860's.

BEN: Be careful. I remember being around the area of Cardiff during that time. I don't know what could happen if we bump into each other.

Finally both have gotten dressed and leave to the console room. In the TARDIS, the Doctor is doing some more unnecessary repair work. Rose and Lexi swan in and he turns off his sonic screwdriver and looks at them in surprise. 

THE DOCTOR: Blimey! 

ROSE: Don't laugh! 

THE DOCTOR: You look beautiful! 

All stop laughing and smile instead. There is a pause and the Doctor looks away. 

THE DOCTOR (CONT'D): ...considering.