Chapter Five

Percy's Pov

I woke up to Professor Snape throwing a book at my head. I jolted up quickly.

"Oh, I'm sorry Jackson, did I interrupt your nap time?" He says. I spent all night coming up with a plan to open the chamber of secrets and didn't get any sleep.

I glared at him. "No sir"

He takes a step back and does that weird thing with his face that looks like he's grinning but at the same time like he's about to kill someone. "If you think you can sleep in my class you don't mind answering some questions for me, do you?" He continues when I stay quiet.

"What type of potion does Golpalott's Third law pertain to?"

"Antidotes" I respond.

"Who wrote Magical Draughts and Potions?"

"Arsenius Jigger"

"Pepperup Potion evolved from a remedy created by what 12th century wizard?"

"Linfred of Stinchcombe"

Snape walked towards me and stared at me. "What is the best way to extract juice from the Sopophorous Bean?"

I gulped. "You kind of just have to crush it"

He took a deep breath and backed away. I could feel everyone staring at me. "Get out of my classroom Jackson" he says. I got up and left. That was the fourth time this week that I get kicked out of Snape's classroom. I know I answered all the questions correctly, but he hated that I was right. If riptide worked on mortals it would be over for him.

Class ended for the day and me and Luna are doing homework out at the Ravenclaw common room. Well, Luna is doing it, I'm just drawing in the air with my wand. There are no measures to prevent other students from entering the common rooms of others, but some people don't like it. However, everyone was out in the dining hall eating and Luna insisted it was okay.

The Ravenclaw common room was one of the airiest rooms at Hogwarts. It was a wide, circular room with graceful arched windows that punctuated the walls which were hung with blue and bronze silks and a midnight blue carpet covered in stars, which was reflected onto the domed ceiling. Luna was my only friend here really; she was nice to me for some reason.

"You know you should really do some homework, or you'll fail." Luna says.

"Yeah because that would be a first"

"What do you mean you have failed classes before?" She asks.

"Yeah, all the time" She looks at me in disbelief. "Well I try not to, its not like I do it on purpose" I say.

"Well, how are you liking Hogwarts so far?" If I answered that question honestly, I would hurt her feelings, which isn't fair at all because she didn't do anything.

"Its nice." I say simply.

"You know the only reason most of the other students don't talk to you it's because they are afraid of you."

"What?" I utter.

"Yeah they think you're crazy or something." She added. Luna went back to writing some stuff for charms class.

"Why?" I ask.

"Well you know, you're related to you know who, so everyone just assumes." She answered.

"Do you think I'm crazy?"

She looked up from her paper. "No, not really, I just think you need to let people know you"

Before I could ask her what she meant by that she cut me off.

"I forgot my Potion book upstairs in my dorm, wait here I'll go get it." She says.

"I can just grab it for you I'm not doing anything" I say.

"You know boys are not allowed into the girls dormitories, right?" I shook my head. "If a boy attempted to enter, the steps would melt together to make a long, smooth stone slide like a helter-skelter" she explains.

"Well, that's nice to know"

Luna got up and left, like two minutes later she came back down the stairs.

"I'm getting quite hungry so I'm going to go to the dining hall to eat, would you like to come with?" She wondered.

"Well um-"

"Before you say no, you could sit at the Ravenclaw table with me" She offered with a small smile on her face.

"Yeah sure ill come"

Luna's Pov

We both start to walk over to the dining hall. The school corridors are empty, expect for some people who give us (mostly Percy) weird stares, but if Percy noticed he didn't show it. He just kept walking and fidgeting with the pen in his hand. It makes me courius because I haven't seen him actually using it, plus we don't use pens or pencils to write.

We enter the dining hall and everyone's eyes were in us, but again Percy just kept walking and spinning his pen. We sit down at the Ravenclaw table and I grab a plate and serve myself some snake soup, its one of my favorite dishes that Hogwarts serves apart from yogurt pepsi. Percy glares at me eating the soup and makes a disgusting look.

"Are you not going to eat?" I ask him.

He shook his head, covered his nose and looked away. I take a sniff of the soup.

"Does it really smell that bad?"

Percy laughs. "I have no idea how you eat that stuff"

After I finish eating Percy and I decide to go to the library. We walk through the corridors when out of nowhere a strange woman appeared from the hallway, I could feel Percy tense at her presence, then he stopped walking. "Hey um ill catch you inside in a few minutes okay?" He said, not taking his eyes off the woman with dark hair.

"Is everything okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah, yeah I'll see you inside?"

Before I can give him my answer he is already running to keep up with the woman. The whole thing seems bizarre, so I decide to follow them wherever they were going, making sure they didn't see me.

They stop at near the Black Lake and start talking, after a minute Percy looks mad at something she is saying, and she tells him something else that makes him turn around suddenly and look at me. I quickly hide beneath the rock murals and curse to myself. I really hope he didn't see me.