Mahtlactli omei

disclaimer: implied smut, tho there's not much detailed about the deed and it's only like 2-3 paragraphs long. but yeah! (putting a * where it starts and ends*)

Now they could make out the ground, it wasn't normal dirt and rocks, it was the chest of the Celestial. They had been walking on his body, as they realized that they could make out the rest of his body. At the same time, the volcano was going crazy, lava was splashing around. It signaled that the emergence was starting.

"We need to hurry up." Metzi said to Sersi and Druig.

Sersi nodded at her and looked around, she had no idea if it was going to work but she had to give it a try.

"Now." Sersi spoke to Druig, who contacted Phastos telling him to turn on the Uni Mind. Sersi was now kneeling touching the Celestial's chest, spreading what looked like a layer of ice.

Suddenly, a golden aura surrounded them. Golden details adorned them, lifting them from the ground. In unison, their eyes burned gold, everything connected to Sersi giving her more strength to extend her ice layer to the rest of the Celestial's body.

It looked like it was working. Sersi pushed herself harder, the ice expanding rapidly until the volcano stopped and the Celestial had a white layer of ice. Tired from exploiting her powers like never before, Sersi was kneeling now looking around. The golden aura disappeared, dropping them, their feet touching the icy land. Metzi analyzed their surroundings, everything was ecstatic, unmoving.

"You did it." Metzi's voice was quiet, not only her voice and eyes were filled with relief.

"We did it." Sersi exhaled, a small smile on her lips.

"We should probably go check up on the rest." Druig broke the hypnotic silence that had grown upon them. They broke from it and neared the shore, Thena, Kingo, Phastos, and Makkari were circling, watching Ikaris who was on his knees, defeated.

As they came closer the four Eternals looked up, relief and surprise crossed their faces. Relief that they were alright and that they had been able to stop the emergence and surprise to see Druig alive. Sersi walked towards Ikaris. While the rest left them alone. Makkari ran towards Druig and hugged him, she had been so worried. Thena made sure that they were all alright, and Kingo was whining about needing a manicure.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Metzi felt taken back, she had no idea what Druig wanted to tell her. She nodded her head at him.

"Thanks." He whispered. "For you know digging me out of the center of the Earth." He rubbed the nape of his neck with his hand.

"No problem." She said they stood in silence until Metzi tried to step away.

"Wait. I'm sorry for what I said back in the Domo." He stumbled over his words. Metzi relaxed and looked at him, he was looking down at his feet.

"It's alright." This might have been the first time Druig had apologized for something, it was evident it was hard for him to do so but he did owe her an apology. Even if they had been mad and stressed, he had gone so low as to say something about her powers.

He only nodded and turned to look back at the others. Metzi mimicked him, her eyes stayed on Sersi who had a shocked look on her face looking up to the sky. She tried to make out what she was gaping at, but she could only see a dot getting further and further. Putting two and two together she figured that Ikaris had been the one to fly away.

"He took it way too literal." Druig grumbled, shaking his head.

"Shut it." It wasn't the time to make those kinds of comments, even if she had to agree with him. It was too ironic for it to be remotely poetic.