found.

Children are sometimes great and sometimes not. They can be loud and chaotic but at the same time, they can be comforting and somehow more understanding than some adults.

Adults are currently the problem for San. San is a daycare teacher but he thinks that the parent or parents of one of his students are a headache.

It was almost two in the afternoon and their classes ended two hours ago. So he is currently with a little boy named he is teaching, taking him to an ice cream stall.

"You've eaten two hours ago, you're already hungry?" He jokingly asks the little boy who's currently devouring the ice cream.

"Teacher, papa said that if I eat a lot, I will grow fast!" The boy beams up and San pats his head.

Childhood. San sighed; he can remember things all too well.

His first time entering the school, his first time seeing other kids, his first time interacting with an adult that aren't his parents, his first time making a friend, his first time comforting someone when they have a wound, his first time having a crush.

His first time falling in love, San sighs again.

"Teacher, you're sighing again. Do you have any thoughts bothering you?" Asked the five year old. "Papa told me that if someone sighs too much, then they are worrying about something."

San smiles at the boy and messes his hair again, "There's nothing bothering me. I just remembered some things when I was younger."

There were sparkles in the young lad's eyes as he looks up again at his teacher, "Then can you tell me what it was like before? Papa will probably be there at that time!"

"Your papa must be really old then," San chuckles as the child pouts. "Well, it wasn't that really different from now aside from we don't really have smart phones before."

Yuri gasps, "Then what do you do on free time? You do not watch cartoons?"

"There are cartoons on TV but they usually appear on afternoons. So during the day, sometimes afternoons, I play with my friends."

Ah, his childhood and his childhood friend. San took the kid's hand as they started to walk back to the daycare.

"Who's your favorite friend? Are you still friends with them?"

"Not anymore." The child pouts. "But they're already in good hands, probably has a job like me and maybe a family."

The little kid looks again up to San, "Why are you not friends with them?"

"I loved them." He said it in a slightly bitter tone.

"I love my friends too, but they didn't leave."

"I loved them just like how your parents love each other." San says, looking down on the floor.

"Oh you loved them that you want to have babies with them?" San visibly chokes on his spit and coughs it out.

He was taken aback.

"Yeah, but before I could even tell them, they already left."

Train stations at night aren't exactly ideal, especially if you just sneaked out at ten in the night and you might risk getting lectured by your parents.

But San did not care. He's meeting the love of his life, slash his best friend (let's just say he got friend-zoned even if he hasn't confessed yet).

San did not want to ruin their friendship (dumb excuse but whatever helps him sleep at night).

He thinks that his friend is out of reach and that they do not look that compatible. Choi San doesn't think he deserves Kang Yeosang.

A complete angel, someone who is really treasured, Kang Yeosang who's his best friend.

So he doesn't confess. Even if he has the chance right now where he's beside Yeosang, in an empty train station and the mood is right, he can't.

Yeosang is leaving tomorrow. For studies.

"Should I just not leave?" Yeosang jokes. Seventeen year old San just remained silent, deep in his thoughts and dwelling into that feeling that they might never see each other again.

He sighs, "You're sighing again, Choi San. What's bothering you?"

"What if we never see each other again?" San finally blurts out and he could clearly see Yeosang's eyes softening.

Yeosang raises his hand and pats San's back.

"We'll definitely see each other again. It's not like we're in some sort of a 1980s angst drama where the main characters never sew each other again after being separated."

San always laughs after Yeosang cracks a joke or something, but this time he just frowned at Yeosang. Yeosang sighs this time and caresses San's hair.

"Stop worrying, I won't change my number. I will still use the same number, alright? Plus I will visit here every summer if college lets me!"

"What if I move again?" That's right, that's the problem. San always moves that's why he never tries to get attached to people like Yeosang.

Yeosang is someone constant and rarely moves. And San is inconsistent.

The independent and constant variable with their dependent variable. Their friendship.

"I will find you then." Yeosang replies.

"You will?" San asks.

"I will always find you, Choi San. You're my soulmate." Yeosang beams.

"Then I will find you too, Kang Yeosang."

It's been ten years and they did not find each other. Until recently.

"We're already here, can you see you papa's car?" San asks when they arrived at the front gate of the daycare.

A car pulls up and the boy excitedly and hurriedly grabs his backpack to run towards the man getting out of the car, "Papa!"

"Hey there, little kid!" The man embraces the child and looks back up at the teacher.

It was him, Kang Yeosang.

His first love, his first heartbreak.

"Hey there," Yeosang greets him and San nods back. "Sorry, I had to take care of things. Thank you so much for looking out for my son."

"No worries, parents tend to be busy. But I do suggest that you try to have a much more flexible schedule for this little kid." He jokes and Yeosang laughs.

Maybe some things are left unsaid that night that San might have regretted. But that's alright, he still found Yeosang again.