distraction - dnf

George's P.O.V.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" Dream asks me.

"I wouldn'tve asked if I didn't."

He leans in. "George, you really don't have to, I get it if you're uncomfortable with it."

"Dream, please. I need a distraction..."

"If that's all you needed you should've called someone, started streaming. I'm not going to be a distraction from something as stupid as this." He started walking away but I grabbed his sleeve.

"Don't cut this meetup short, please... it'll be awkward if we announce you're leaving as soon as you arrived."

"It's not like you ever cared about that before, George. You've cut streams short just because you didn't want to talk to me anymore."

"That wasn't why! I can't believe that's what you think..."

"Then enlighten me. Better go fast if you want me to stay." Dream said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"I end streams early because you make me anxious... not in a bad way, a good way. Like that moment of adrenaline right before the drop on a roller coaster," I say. "A better way to say it is that being around you is like having a sugar rush. It's bright and energetic and puts you on edge in anticipation."

"Of course you'd link it to sugar. You wouldn't be the kind to compare me to drugs," Dream wheezed.

"People have compared you to drugs?" I ask.

"No, but someone could if so they chose, I guess."

"It's odd to think about that."

Dream nodded, "It kinda is once the thought gets stuck."

I shake my head. "So... are you going to leave now?"

Dream envelops me in a hug. "No, of course not, George," he then distances himself a little. "Unless you want me to leave..."

Dream's P.O.V.

George grabs my shirt and pulls me back to him. "Why would I want you to leave...?"

"I told you I didn't wanna be a 'distraction' now. I told you everything with Wilbur was stupid. I acted like a jerk."

"Dream, acting a little salty isn't going to make me want you to leave. I've been looking forward to this meetup for ages, so I'd never let something as petty as that ruin this."

I hug little George and whisper, "Thank you..."

He hugs me back and I rest my chin on his head. He mumbles something I can't quite hear. "Huh?"

"I-I love you Dream..."

I smile. "I love you too George."

(a/n: this is so bad lol, i'm just so lazyyyy)