Reckoner

While Jonny and I walked up to the door, sounds of squeaking filled my ears. I was about to open the door, the squeaking got louder and I sighed thinking "Ok for fucks sake what's taking so LO-" Screeching filled the air and my vision was completely blocked by what appeared to small raven bodies with wings. I felt them close to my eyes and I frantically shut them; Jonny was crying. "WHY ARE THERE BATS?!"  Both of us were flailing our arms and hands around the air, we really thought it would take this colony of bats away. Eventually they had all flown away. I took a glance at Jonny, his once smoothly brushed dark neck length hair was as if it went through a tornado and hurricane at once, his neckline on his shirt had almost went backwards, and he had a flustered expression. "Jonny I'm sorry...but you look like shit." Jonny sighed "You don't look so great either." I knocked on the pitch black door. No response. I kept knocking until it progressed to bashing. Still no response, I grumbled and started bashing on the door, kicking it and pressing the doorbell repeatedly, until a voice shouted "I'm coming! I'm coming, just stop those fucking noises!" I looked behind me to see Jonny shaking his head. I noticed that he had attempted to brush his hair with his fingers and hands and I guess it looked good for someone who only used his hands to brush his barnet. I also looked at my hands, there was a couple of scratches, and they were glowing as red as cherries.

I heard the lock click open. The door was opening for a longer amount of time than when we were walking up to the house.

A beady eye peered through the peephole and the handle rattled a few times before a glimpse of a crusty, matted black mane appeared through the opening. It was Simon, still adjusting the buckle of his slim studded belt and straightening out his damp inky vest which was, for some reason, tucked partially into his pants. A smudge of bright red lipstick was smeared over his skinny neck and he tripped as he scrambled through the entrance. His eyes twitched as he looked at us. He stood still for a second, and then his eyes brightened, I assumed he recognized us. "Jonny?? Thom!!" I let out a crooked smile in response. "Hey!!! It's been so long... come in come in." He waved his arms. We walked in slowly. A sweet pleasant aroma was coming from the kitchen. I think it's the smell of cookies. I inhaled it through my nose holes.  Simon told Jonny and I to wait in the hallway and walked into the kitchen. I peaked into the kitchen while Jonny went to look at the hallway decorations.

Robert was wearing what appeared to be a baby blue sleeved nightgown, a pink apron, and mismatched socks and slippers. His hair was flat, which is unusual of him. Even though his hair was flat he still had his usual makeup on. He looked...exhausted? His eyes had black circles around them and it wasn't just the eyeliner. Simon appeared to have been confronting him while Smith was lighting a cigarette. He inhaled and cried  "Look, I wasn't expecting guests, now I have to deal with 2 of them?? Now I have to make food for even more people and it's not like they called you or anything." Simon scratched his head. "Robert, we haven't seen them in 3 years and they both helped you and I... during that incident. It was an awkward time for us all but we helped each other out, so please can they at least stay for a quick chat and cuppa?" He argued. Robert exhaled, "Fine.. just for a bit alright, but no sleepovers."

After this Jonny tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and noticed his face was ghastly pale, he whispered to me "Thom, look at these photos." I viewed the photos on the wall and I gasped as I set my eyes on a black and white picture of Robert, and a small child! He had appeared to resemble both of them, with his light skin, dark messy hair, and thin lips. I froze in place, I tried to utter a question "Is that... is that..." , I was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a door opening and crashing into a wall and pitter patters. Jonny and I were both stood frozen in shock. We looked down and saw a small child with disheveled dark hair, pale skin and dark eyes wearing pajamas with a bat embroidered on it. He had a large smile and shouted "DADDY! DAD!" as he rushed to the kitchen. I moved slightly just to look who would respond. Robert responded to "Daddy" and Simon responded to "Dad".  I whispered to Jonny, "Is that their son? How did that happen?" Jonny shrugged in response. Simon walked out of the kitchen and told us to go to the living room.  I heard Robert shout from the kitchen "PUT ON COCOMELON FOR THEM!" What the hell is a Cocomelon??? Simon sighed as he walked into the living room and slid in a dvd.  Me and Jonny were sat on a brown leather couch. I could tell that their supposed child was eating on it and cramming shit in between the couch. It was shit like Little Debbie's,Ding Dongs,and Twinkie's, along with cheeto puffs. I rubbed my face, it was somewhat sweaty. Jonny had been looking exhausted lately because of the monster withdrawals. Jonny was known to always be quiet next to his extroverted older brother Coz, but now he was almost completely silent. I was also experiencing monster withdrawal.