Chapter 1: Living To Love

Castiel opened his eyes finding himself in the Empty and once again unable to sleep. "Ugh! We had a deal Castiel! You come here you sleep!" Barked the Empty taking on Meg's form as it rubs it's temples.
"I know." Stated Castiel not having anything he could say as he was fully aware of the terms of the deal so what was keeping him up.
"Castiel you are getting on my last nerve!" Barked the Empty as it kicked Castiel across the face sending him rolling backwards. The Empty walked closer to him and crouched down next to him. "Doesn't sleep sound nice? You've done everything you could for your friends, they've moved on with out you Castiel so it's time for you to go to sleep." Stated the Empty as Castiel sighed.
"It doesn't matter we made a deal so I'm not leaving whether I sleep or not." Stated Castiel sadly as he remembered what he had said to Dean and it made his eyes well up with tears.
"If you don't sleep I will make you leave!" Barked the Empty as Castiel sighed.
"Fine." He muttered as the Empty sighed.

As Castiel closed his eyes taking a deep breath he suddenly got the sweet smell of rain filling his senses. He felt a drop tap against his skin then he opened his eyes and saw he was standing in an alley way being surrounded by the sound of rain hitting the pavement. Suddenly all of the ambient noise around him was drowned out by the sound of Dean's voice. "I'll be with you soon Cas." With the sound of that hopeless tone in Dean's voice Castiel became so filled with emotions that he mustered up as much of his ability as he could and teleported to Dean's location.
"Dean!" He called out as he ran into an empty barn. He ran inside not seeing Sam anywhere but finally found Dean. He walked in and the room was filled with the stench of death. Castiel ran to Dean placing a hand on the side of Dean's face letting tears finally flow from his eyes. His skin was faintly cold but Castiel knew he was still alive so slowly he pulled Dean off of the plank which had stabbed him in the back and as the plank was removed from his body Castiel started to heal him. His power was weak so he could only heal the internal damage and some of the external wound but it was enough to where he wasn't in immediate danger but it would still be better to get him to a hospital. Castiel pulled Dean's phone from his pocket and called Sam who he hoped wasn't too far away.
"Hello?" Asked Sam in a shaky and tearful tone.
"Sam I need your help Dean is hurt badly and I was able to heal him enough but I think it would be better to get him to a hospital." Stated Castiel as he threw Dean's arm over his shoulder basically carrying him. "How quickly can you get here?" Asked Castiel as Sam threw aside the emotional rush that not only Dean was alive but Castiel as well.
"I'm still in town so a few minutes at most." Stated Sam sternly. They hung up and Castiel brought Dean over to a bed, laying him down gently.
"Cas?" He muttered still delirious from blood loss.
"Hey. I called Sam he'll be here soon and we'll get you to a hospital, alright just hold on a bit longer." Begged Castiel softly as tears flooded down his cheeks.
"I thought I lost you." Stated Dean as he held Castiel's hand. "Cas I need to tell you something." Stated Dean weakly as Cas shook his head.
"Dean it can wait, right now you need to rest." Said Castiel as Dean tried to continue his thought but slowly passed out. Sam got there quickly and helped Castiel get Dean into the car then drove to the hospital as fast as he could without getting caught.

They got to the hospital and the place was pretty dead, three maybe four people in the waiting room. Usually getting check into the hospital would take forever but once they saw how pale Dean was and how much of his own blood he was drenched in they brought him in without hesitation. A nurse gave Sam some paperwork to fill out since he was Dean's only living relative. While they waited to hear if Dean was ok or not Sam finally showed his emotions. "Cas we thought you were dead! What happened?" Asked Sam as Castiel sighed.
"I wouldn't sleep in the Empty so it kicked me out." Stated Castiel as Sam nodded.
"How did you find Dean?" Asked Sam as Castiel started to tear up.
"He prayed to me before he slipped into his unconscious state so I just followed the prayer like usual." Stated Castiel softly as he held his hands in his lap staring at the floor.
"You know Dean's been really depressed recently and I think it's because of losing you." Stated Sam softly. "Honestly I think the fact that he didn't want me to save him tonight was his way of committing suicide." Stated Sam as he filled out the paperwork. After his statement they sat in silence until the nurse came over and showed them to the room where they had put Dean.