The Story of Sibyl

My name is Sibyl. I have an older sister, an older brother, and a twin sister.

And I hate all of them. Well, not just them. I hate everybody.

My mother.

My father.

My teachers.

The president.

And every person I have ever met in my entire life.

You see, love is a foreign concept to me. Never once have I felt anything but hate. Pure, undying, unending hate.

In fact, I don't even think love exists. I believe that it's just something people made up to make themselves feel a little bit less pitiful about their sad, sad lives.

My twin tells me that I just haven't found the right person yet. She thinks that she has the right to tell me that because she apparently has. Okay, Wanika. Whatever you say.

Back to my point, I am the color of hate, disgust, and everything evil. It's not my fault, that's just how I was born.

 Well, maybe not.

I do remember a time where I wasn't all hate. Before I started kindergarten, I used to love my twin sister, Wanika. We used to dress up in our brother's armor costumes and act like we were saving the world. Usually, we would break something in the process. Every single time, without fail, I would be the one to cause the damage, but she would be the one to get blamed.

Then, something changed. I don't know what it was and I'm not sure I want to, but something made me hate. I pushed away my partner in crime and I locked everybody out of my life. Not because I wanted solitude, but because I loathed them and my blood boiled with nothing but hatred for those who breathed my air.

I suppose that's why I'm where I am today.

Standing in front of the one who was known to fix all problems.

"Hello, my name is Katianna. How can I help you?"

I bowed down to her. She was rumored to be the most powerful being in the universe.

"I am incapable of feeling anything but hatred," I admitted.

Her eyes lit up like a star on Broadway. For a second, it was almost like I recognized her. I got the sense that she recognized me too.

"And you want me to fix it?" She asked like it was the craziest request she had ever received.

I silently nodded my head yes.

She laughed at me. "Oh darling, hatred is power. When you have nothing to love, you have nothing to lose!"

I wanted to question her judgement, but thought better of it. Soon, I began to agree with her. She was right; hatred was power. My whole life I had believed that love didn't exist.

I had a feeling she could prove it to be true.

"Come with me, child. I want to show you something." She took my hand and guided me into her home. "This," she said, grabbing a dusty book off of a high shelf, "is the most dangerous thing that I have acquired."

"What is it?"

She smirked as she began to blow off the dust. It shouldn't have done anything, but the action made me shiver.

"You'll find out soon enough," she answered, unlocking the mysterious item.

The second the lock was turned, the book flew up into the air causing a whirlwind of dust, paper, and dried up ink. Strangely, none of it came towards me.