Four: Big Toe

Alex gets out of the canoe and pouts his way back to the cabin. He takes off his soaked shoes outside and steps inside, slipping from his wet socks as he falls on his face.
"DAMN IT!" He frowns, yanking his socks off. He throws them on Jack's bed and stomps into the bathroom to shower. He comes back out after a moment. "It was warm for like TWO MINUTES!" He complains, hair wrapped up in a small towel, body just covered from the waist in a bigger towel. He gets sweats, a long sleeved shirt and yet another hoodie out of his bag, goes back to the bathroom to get dressed and comes back with his hair still wrapped up. "I hate camp."
"You had to put the wet socks on my bed huh?" Jack pulls out his blanket and wraps it around Alex before tackling him down onto the bed.
"Sure did. You got me wet. The least you can do is deal with my wet socks." He huffs a sigh. Still, he can't help it as Jack tackles him down. He laughs and of course, his cheeks heat up at the compliment.
"Sorry for pissing you off. It's hard not to you're so cute when you're angry." Jack smiles.
"I am not cute! And don't apologize. I forgave you when you told Rian to let me go back to the cabin."
"Yeah but now my beds all wet and probably smells like pond water. I guess I'll just have to sleep in yours tonight."
"Well." Alex smirks, rolling his eyes a little and lets out a dramatic sigh, "apparently you didn't hate being all cozy with me last night. So I guess I won't make you sleep on the floor like I planned."
"Ohh that was your plan?" Jack pouts. "That wouldn't have been nice." He holds his arms out for Alex. "I liked being cozy with you. Come here."
Alex blushes red.He wants me to cuddle him. Holy shit. Holy fuck. Holy fuck. Holy shit. Holy tits.He bites his bottom lip and scoots closer to him, cuddling up to him.He lays his head on Jack's chest, just like this morning.
"You're so warm." He hums contently."I wouldn't have really made you sleep on the floor. You're too cozy."
Jack wraps his arms around Alex, pulling him as close to his chest as he could.
"I know you wouldn't have." He whispers, resting his chin on top of Alex's head. "You're warm too, just promise you won't run away this time?"
Alex smiles a little, his heart rate picking up as Jack hugs on him and relaxes with him.What the fuck is actually happening He scoffs a little
"If I'm warm, I'd like to know where it's coming from. I'm always freezing." He nuzzles his cheek against his chest, unsure of what's happening but he doesn't hate it."I won't run. I promise." He whispers, looking up at him.
Jack shrugs," I guess comfy is a better word. I'm always warm so you level me out." He moves the towel off of Alex's head and begins running his hands through his semi-wet hair. "Don't worry I won't mess it up."
"no I like it." Alex mumbles, chest absolutely pounding, lungs feeling heavy."You can mess it up." He whispers, voice a little shaky.You promised not to run. Don't freak out. Let someone like you. He isn't using you. He isn't making fun of you. He isn't bullying you. Let him like you. He tries to convince himself.
Jack notices Alex's breathing speeding up and he runs his other hand up and down his back.
"Hey, it's alright. What's go you so worked up?" He whispers, twirling a piece of his hair around his finger.
Alex closes his eyes, hand on Jack's stomach.
"Nothing...nothing I'm okay. I'm being stupid." He whispers."I'm confused and I'm scared but it feels good and I don't want to ruin anything because I don't know what's going on and I'm just.....you're not going to hurt me are you? Because if you're just looking to make fun of me or like, fuck with me, please don't."
Jack uses his finger to lift Alex's chin so they're making eye contact.
"I promise you I won't, I'd never intentionally do anything to hurt you. I just really like you and... it makes me feel good to see you happy.. even when you're not I love being around you. I've never had someone effect me in that way."
"I've known you less than 24 hours...how do you like me when you can't possibly know me?" Alex whispers to him, "I'm 17 and I'm just...Jack I'm kinda messed up. Damaged goods, you know? I just want someone to actually like me and only my mom does. My dad doesn't. I don't really have any friends. I mean, uh, that kid Jake...he's in the special needs classroom....I go in there sometimes to calm down....I'm not in special needs classes but I won't go to the counselor or nurse so....they let me in there. He's nonverbal but he likes me..." he sighs.
"I don't need more than 24 hours to know you. Sometimes you meet someone and they just make sense. I'm pretty lonely in this world too.. I had a best friend in middle school but he grew up to be a prick. You make me think of him not the prick part of course. Just the feeling of being around somebody who..." Jack trails off, looking for the right words. "I don't know. I can just feel it. I want to keep you around."
Alex nods, Understanding what he's saying.
"Well, I like you too and I'd like to stay around if you'll have me. I'll do my best to not be all crazy all the time."
"or try your best TO be all crazy all the time. I can't be friends with boring people."
Alex shakes his head, a little smile on his face."How about I be the good crazy then. Not the bad crazy. No one wants to see the bad crazy." He looks up at him, "you're warm."
"'m glad I could heat you up." Jack says, continuing to rub his hand up and down Alex's back. "Is it safe to assume we can sleep like this every night now?"
Alex smiles at him, blushing yet again as if it's the only way his body knows how to react."If we don't get in trouble for it, absolutely." He says quietly.
Jack looks at Alex's cheeks and smiles. "We can't get in trouble for it if nobody finds out. Let's see." He reaches into his back pocket pulling out the wrinkled schedule. "Hm so it looks like all we have left todayy-... lunch then.. tie-die shirts! God what are we 12?.... Eh it does sound kinda fun."
"Tie dying shirts actually does sound kind of cool. Not like I'll actually wear the thing but it could be fun to at least do it." Alex shrugs, "so lunch, tie dye, and relax time I'm assuming until dinner then bed? Not gonna lie I still absolutely hate it here.
"Oh yes you are. I'm gonna make one for you and it's going to be so god damn beautiful you're never going to take it off." he says, squeezing Alex as tight as he can. "I'll make you love it here, boy!"
Alex giggles at him again, "I don't weeeeear colors. Except for like. Dark red or dark green. How are you gonna make me wear a tie dye shirt? Because that's no fair because I won't tell you no. But if you get to make mine, I get to make yours. Deal?" He shakes his head, amused at Jack.
"Well I can't do that you'll look like a Christmas tree. I'll do- no, I won't tell you it's a surprise but you'll like it." Jack says confidently. "You can make mine though and I'll wear it proudly even if it's ugly." He winks.
"It won't be ugly, brat." Alex sighs.
"So that's my nickname? I give you allllll of these cute ones and I'm just brat?" Jack says but he can't help smiling.
Alex shrugs "you made me get all wet. Until and unless you do something extra cute, you're brat."
Jack rolls his eyes. "What time is it? Oh, we should probably get going." He says and groans.
"Fine but I'm not happy about it." Alex pulls a new pair of shoes on, grateful he made the decision to bring two, as his others are drying off outside. "Let's go I guess." He pouts.
Jack digs out a pair of sandals from his bag as his sneakers are soaking wet. "Don't make fun of my feet." He puts them on and opens the door. "After you."
Alex grins, then looks down at his feet, "oh baby, oh baby." He winks, "rub those toes all over my body." He walks out of their cabin and heads towards the food hall.
Jack starts gagging. "Alex- shut the fuck up. That's nasty.. even to me!" He shakes his head and begins running to the food hall. "Me and my sexy feet are faster than you, lexy."
Alex laughs and is about to make a comment back, until Jack is running and then he's ready to die. Because he can't even walk correctly.He starts running after Jack anyway, stumbling along behind him with his long, awkward skinny legs. He catches up to him and grabs onto him, clinging to him."You win but I still got youuuuu! And those feet? Running like that? Mmmmm." He fakes, "I wanna suck on that big toe." He licks his lips and gets in line, ignoring the odd looks he's receiving.
Jack looks at Alex with wide eyes. "I swear to god." He looks around to make sure nobody's watching them anymore. "It's funny you mention that because I actually have a finger fetish." He says and grabs Alex's hand, sticking his finger in his mouth and sucking on it. "Keep testing me." Jack says after taking it out, unable to keep a smirk off his face. He gets up in line and starts putting his food on the trey.
Alex stares at him wide eyed and immediately regrets wearing sweats. He lowers the tray to help cover himself, putting a sandwich, apple juice, water and an orange. He keeps his tray low, legs tightly pressed together and gets to a table fast.He sits down and breathes a sigh of relief now that his issue can't be seen.He shoots a glare at Jack and takes a bite of his sandwich all aggressively.
"What's wrong?" Jack laughs. "I told you, Lexy, I never lose." He says smugly and proudly bites into his food. "Fry?" He asks, holding one out to the angry boy across from him.
Alex blushes "please, you know what!" He grabs the fry and eats it."You can't do that when I'm wearing sweats and can't hide it well!" He hides his face in his hands."And you're not even doing anything to fix it. No fair." He slides Jack a slice of his orange. A peace offering. A fry for fruit.
Jack laughs quietly. "I had to in my attempts to not have the whole camp think I have a foot fetish. Play stupid games win stupid prizes." He takes the orange slice from Alex and puts it in his mouth before comprehending the last part of his sentence. "Fix it? How do you expect me to fix it here?"
Alex groans "I don't knoooooow. I don't expect you to. You're not my boyfriend. You're my I've known you for 24 hours best friend. Not that I wouldn't kiss you. Well. Maybe not. I've never kissed anyone before. Well. I did once in 5th grade but it was a girl and it was like the quickest peck on the lips so I don't know if it counts but it could I guess—" He rambles on, cheeks getting redder.
"Shh, it's okay. I didn't mean to fluster you so much." Jack says, feeling a bit bad for getting him so worked up but at the same time it's quite adorable. "I'm glad i'm your best friend though.. you're mine too." He looks back down, shoving more fries into his mouth. "I dated a guy in highschool but my first kiss was on a dare. As in their friends dared them to kiss me as a joke. Absolutely humiliating but.."
"Oh don't say sorry because I'm so weird." He smiles a little "I did warn you that I'm weird." He pouts over Jack's first kiss story."That's shitty. I'm sorry. I'd kiss you without it being a dare or a joke or anything." He smiles, stealing another fry off Jack's tray.
Jack whips his head up. "So what you're saying is you want to kiss me?" He says, calling Alex out on his comment with a huge grin across his face.
Alex bites his lip, "I mean...I would kiss you." He says quietly, "I just think you're really nice and really cute and I like you and yeah...I would kiss you."
Jack immediately starts thinking of how to make their first kiss perfect. It was pretty much Alex's first kiss so that added an extra level of anxiety. He wanted to make him feel as special as possible. Before he could get another word out they start rounding people up for the next activity.