Chapter 1 - The Best Day Of My Life

(Killua’s pov)

“Another win for our skateboarding champion! At only fourteen he has 300 wins to 0 losses!” The announcer said as I sighed. ‘Just another day…’ I thought, looking off into the crowd that's cheering excitedly. My opponent threw down her skateboard angrily. “I thought today would be the day.” She said, angrily but laughing at the same time. “You really are the best Killua Zoldyck.” She said, grinning and we high fived. I smiled and walked off stage and put my skateboard down next to the door and stretched, not a single drop of sweat on me.

My manager walked up to me. “That’s another win on the board!” Bisky, or as I call her “Old hag”, shouted. “Yeah…” I responded then she hit me in the head. “I can tell you weren’t even trying, she almost caught up to you. Never underestimate your opponent. ”I still won though…” I said, rubbing the back of my head. “Well tomorrow you're going to the finals so you better bring your all.” Bisky stated, frowning. “Yeah whatever…” I say, brushing off my board and getting ready to go. I walk out of the building and people start crowding me, two of my guards went to my side to make sure nobody gets too close.

Suddenly a little six year old girl walked up to me with a pink skateboard. “Can you sign my skateboard?” She asked and I smiled and kneeled down to sign it. “What’s your name?” I asked. “Tohru!” She replied, smiling. I signed her skateboard with my name and “Have a nice day Tohru” and gave her a smile. “Thank you sir! You're my favorite skateboarder!” She said, giggling and taking the skateboard back. “Thanks, have a nice day.” I said, she moved away and I walked to the car as someone opened it. I sat down and looked out the window as we drove away from the crowd of fans. I love my fans, they are really supportive and nice, although I have had quite a few stalkers. A few even tried to kidnap me but my guards managed to stop them even though I could have stopped them myself.

Anyways, I arrive at my next stop, a skateboarding park. I have my own but it gets really lonely sometimes so I like to go to the public ones sometimes. I ride my skateboard up to the park and do a flip on my skateboard. I then look up to see someone else there. A green haired boy sitting on the edge of one of the stairs with a green and black skateboard looking at me. “Hey, what’s your name?” He asks, his voice sounding like music to my ears. ‘He doesn't know me?’ I thought, confused. ‘A new start…?’ I think, smiling. ‘Maybe he won’t recognize me.’ “Killua.” I said, looking him in his bright eyes. “I’m Gon! Gon Freecss!” He says, hopping down the stairs. “Wanna skateboard with me?” The bright boy asked, smiling. “Sure…” I said, suddenly feeling my heart pounding in my chest, a similar feeling to the feeling I had before my parents died but a bit different. This one for the first time in a long time was happy and felt as if there were butterflies in my stomach. I dropped my skateboard and got on it as I watched a big smile appear on Gon’s face. The smile that little did I know would change my whole life.

(581 words)