(( Chapter 1 )) Uncovering Criminals

Art Credits : @kokichi_grape_panta (aka. Monica) ]

[ Reading Time : ]

--------------------------

((Shuichi's POV: ))

My name is Shuichi Saihara, I am well known across the whole of Japan for being a sucessful kid from the Saihara family.

We live in a world where everyone is judged based on their 'level'. Before I continue I will explain what a 'level' is.

Levels are decided by the government, the higher the level the more likely you are to get exepted into jobs, become famous and gain popularity, meaning people will like you and you will live an easy, carefree life. There are 5 levels labeled 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, I am a level 4, meaning life has been quite easy for me, but that dose'nt stop me from wanting to become a famous detective.

You are given your level at the age of five, you either inherit a level from your parents or in the rarest cases you are born with a high level, when your parents are a low level. Sometimes parents pay lots of money to make sure their child gets a high level. I was born with a high level after my parents, it runs in our family. So if I ever decide to have a child its likely they will have a 4 or 5 level rating.

Not that i'm planning on having a child!!

(( Time Skip (All the characters are not in school anymore, they are in university) : ))

I was in my office in the down town police station, I train there as a detective. Since I have such a high ranking and i'm quite a skilled detective,( thats what my boss says anyway, i'm not petty) I have my own office already and i'm almost an official detective.

My bosses name was 'Kyoko Kirigiri', I have admired her as a detective since I was a child, she is a 5 level, beyond capable of anything anyone else here could do as a detective. In fact she has the role of the Cheif Detective, after her father who actually started the place. 'Jin Kirigir', results say he died in a car crash, but Kirigiri has the job of finding out what actually happened to him, I hope all goes well.

Anyways, back to about me. So I was sitting in my office chair, the fan was in the corner of my office, since it was the middle of a scorching hot summer. I had my laptop with police files ontop of my desk facing me, with a stack of important cases I had to file. They were Kirigiri's cases, and since I was her assistant I had the role of filing them, because I was trustworthy and responsible.

I was curious and got a bit bored, so I started reading the names of the criminals because just reading them couldn't hurt right? I started to flip through the papers lined with words as I slipped them into different files, sepparating them into different catergories. 'Rantaro Amami' ... Reported for 'Dealing Illeagal Drugs and Substances', Wait I think I remember that name from highschool, I look at the photo and that was him, huh? I wonder what everyone else turned out to do... I thought to myself.

I continued to look through the files, 'Nagito Komeada', 'Junko Enoshima', 'Haji Towa', 'Kokichi Ouma', I look at his photo... he's actually really pretty.. WAIT WHAT DID I JUST THINK HE'S A CRIMINAL!!!!, WHAT THE HELL SHUICHI!!. Did I seriously just think that? I take that all back.

I skim through his profile like the others,

'Kokichi Ouma......................................................... ........................................................................................................... ................organisation.........DICE.................10 members............

This Organisation has resulted in robberies, kidnappings, theft, graffiti, city damage, break ins, escaping prison and numeral other crimes, the organization has a no harm or killing policy, from what has been discovered................................................................