{ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕣}

[Y/n]

I felt a little embarrassed at the fact that I couldn't continue carrying the bag of food. Not only that, but the stranger I had come to save was carrying it for me! I mentally slapped myself. He didn't seem to mind...but I felt so embarrassed still!

Millions of thoughts entered my mind as we walked to my apartment. Those mainly being how humiliated I felt, but some were on how I would handle this stranger. It was only now how I realized how strange this must be, not just for me, but for him as well. I wondered why he accepted my offer so quickly. Well, like he said, why would anyone turn down any shelter? Especially in a place like this?

Yet...what if I had bad intentions? Did he even consider something like that? Or maybe he just didn't care? So many questions...

***

"Here it is-" I pushed the door open. "You can just set that down in the kitchen." I began hanging up my outing wear, and Edward set down the bag, stifling a groan. I saw him rotaing his shoulder. "Oh! I'm sure I can find something for that-" "No, no, it's alright- It'll pass." He spoke. I stopped myself, nodded, feeling a little awkward.

I took a few seconds to muster up courage.  "Well, Edward, don't be afraid to make yourself comfortable." Edward looked at me with a friendly face. He took a seat at one of my dining chairs, careful not to make too much sound in doing so. He set his bag gently down, and sat looking rather tense, as if he had somewhere else to be.

"You can relax, you know..." "I know, it's just...a little strange." Edward's eyes darted around every nook and cranny of the place. "I can't say I blame you, its not everyday something like this happens to you..." I began to refill Bella's food bowl, and at the sound she came tramping into the room.

"That is...a massive cat." Edward spoke, sounding a little bewildered. "You aren't afraid of cats, are you? Or allergic?" I asked a little anxiously. I'd never had any instances where someone who came over wasn't receiving Bella's presence positively. "No, no, I'm not. I've just never seen one that huge before." He looked on at Bella with a glint of curiosity. "You can pet her if you want." I suggested.

Edward hesitantly reached out and patted Bella's head, not petting her too much just in case she'd attack or something. "She doesn't bite. Well, just not enough to draw blood." I half joked. Edward replied with an unsure "Mhm."

[Edward]

I couldn't comprehend how large this cat was. All past events didn't seem to matter at the moment, how could a cat be that huge? It's like half my size! I then heard the girl ask me a question.

"Would you like anything you eat, perhaps?" She asked with a friendly tone. Now that I had thought about it, I was pretty much starving. I couldn't recall the last meal I had. I only had those 3 shitty beers the night before.

"Er...yes, that would be great." I stammered out awkwardly. "Alright." She replied simply, and went off towards the kitchen and began to prepare something for me.

I cringed at how fucking awkward I was, but yet I couldn't help it! Don't get me wrong, I'm greatful for her kindness, but I couldn't recall the last time I was ever speaking to someone outside my apartment. I had been inside for that long.

Her cat Bella was still practically staring damn daggers at me when she brought over the food she prepared for me. It was your average ham sandwich, stuffed with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and of course, ham. But this thing looked like the most damn delicious mouth-watering 5 star meal I'd ever seen.

I seemingly began tearing into that sandwich. I probably looked rabid to her. Embarrassment washed over me, but I felt too hungry to care at the moment.

"So, Edward...I figured that you didn't have a place to stay tonight, so I was wondering if you might wanna stay here?"

I was halfway through the sandwich, but that question made me stop chewing. She was right, I didn't have anywhere else but that park. But why was she being so kind to me?