Chapter 12: Pursuit

*running*

-Run Matthew Run!

-Don't you see what I'm doing?!

Incredibly you are at your best and Boom! Everything falls apart, you have run non-stop but your legs were telling you to stop, you have walked so far to get to this point of the story. There were guards following you to capture and interrogate you, why were you there? And there is something I must tell you who are reading this... the guards did not see Umi at that time, now you may wonder, did they hear her screams? Or how did they know about the existence of another voice? Because she was hiding in the bush before Matthew ran off. Well, moving on with the story...

-How are we going to get rid of these guys?!

-I don't know!

For a few seconds you were no longer in sight of the guards, it was the ideal moment to look for a hiding place.

-Where do we hide? -Umi asked.

-*looking all around* There!

You saw a medium sized hole in the ground covered with green leaves, perfect for hiding, you quickly entered through the hole together with Umi and covered yourself with the leaves that were there, the guards wondered where they had gone to.

-Which way did they go?

-I don't know captain.

-Maybe they went to the Sunken Glades.

-Well then, let's go and see.

The guards went to the Sunken Glades to see if they were there, you quickly came out of your hiding place and went far away from that place and then sat on the ground resting your feet.

-Ouch, they hurt me a lot!

-Let me check your feet.

You took off your black shoes, your socks very carefully because you felt that a part of the skin had come off, besides, a strong pain. Umi and you started to check if your feet were in a regular state... but no... you had a big blister on both feet, one on the big toe and the other on the sole of the right foot.

-Oh God! *touching your feet*

-Oh no, this is really bad.

-I don't think I'm going to be able to walk anymore Umi *sigh* I'm going to go lame.

-No, that's not going to happen to you buddy.

Umi took a moment of concentration to be able to help you, she approached your feet and increased her glow a little, you felt again how your wounds were sealed, your skin returned to its original position. A few seconds passed before Umi said to you.

-Ready, problem solved my friend.

-Looking down at your feet* Wow amazing.... I've lost count of the times you've helped me.

-Don't thank me.

-*Lifting you up* -Hey... How did you hide inside my backpack so fast?

-What do you think I am Matthew?

-Oh right... I forgot what you are.

-If you keep this up, I swear I'm going to blind you.

-Let's see you do it

-*silence*.

-Hahaha relax Umi, it's just a joke.

-*sigh* I was really scared.

-*thinking* and... if we go back to the tree.

-Of course Matthew, I want to go back to that tree too.

-well... what are we waiting for.

The two were determined to see the tree again, but this time with muuuuuuuuuch more care, you climbed a tree to see from above with greater visibility, they were a few meters near the area where some spiritual guards were guarding.

-It's beautiful to see from here Umi.

-Yes... I wish we could see it closer.

-Yes Umi... hopefully.

You hear in a few moments a few steps of someone who was near the tree, you looked down and saw that it was one of the guards who were looking for them.

-Umi..." you said in a low voice.

-What the-.

-Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh *pointing downstairs*.

-Oh sorry Matthew," you also said in a whisper.

-We should get out of here as soon as possible.

-You go down the branches while I keep watch.

-Okay... but don't let them see you.

Very carefully you climbed down branch by branch while Umi watched the guardian, you successfully reached the ground and got out of that tree, unaware that someone was watching them through the trees.

10 minutes later

-*gasp* uff that was close.

-*Yes Matthew, we almost got caught in the nick of time.

-*stretching his body* I think I'm going to get some rest.... *sigh*.

-Me too... I can sleep in your backpack, I just don't want the sunlight on me.

-oh, ok *opening the backpack* get in.

-Thank you really.

-You're welcome, Umi.

You left your backpack on top of your head to avoid the sun's rays and lay down on the ground, slowly closed your eyes and fell asleep. A few hours passed and then you opened your eyes again, got up, continued on your way with Umi and got some help... but when you looked in front of you...

-fuck...

-*silence*.

You were surrounded by spirit guardians staring at you, along with their guns pointed so you wouldn't run away, one of them came towards you and said.

-Who are you?

asked the guardian who seemed to be the leader of that group, he was surprised to see something he had never seen before along with the others, some were scared and others curious, a tall being, with black hair, long arms, long legs, green eyes, etc.

-What-what-what?

-I said... Who are you?

-*getting up* and-I'm Matthew Anderson p-op-please I don't want to get in trouble... I just want help.

-Sir, what do we do?

-Why are you here?

-it's a long story... but I didn't come here to hurt anyone.

-How do I know if what you're saying is true?

-I swear to you... I'm not here to do any harm, I just want someone to rescue me.

-Sir!

-*thinking* let's take him to the tree of spirits.

-Wait.

-*Hit*.

-*Fall to the ground*.

I'm still alive guys hahahaha, it took me a long time to upload this chapter, I finished my homework and this week a new project starts, I don't know if I'll be late in uploading the chapters but that won't stop me from continuing with this story. Well I'll say goodbye, bye!