Chapter 2

Sophie POV

"One of those strange people is following us," Sophie muttered to Biana while paying for their ice cream.

"Yeah, just gotta pretend we didn't notice and eat our ice cream." Biana licked some chocolate off her fingers.

"Okay, then," Sophie sighed.

She grabbed their ice cream and left the truck.

"Fitz! A little help here?" Biana shouted.

'Fitz' rolled his eyes and walked over, easily balancing one tray of ice cream on his right arm and another on his left.

" I don't even know how you do that, but okay." Sophie walked off, tripping lightly a few times along the way.

"Cookies 'n cream is my absolute favorite." Sophie bit off the wafer cone.

"This chocolate kinda looks like my hair," Biana giggled.

"A cherry? Kinda looks like the size of Keefe's brain," Fitz mocked curiosity.

Keefe threw a patch of seaweed at his head.

Fitz dodged easily, protecting the ice cream from the salty wetness. Keefe pouted.

"I sure hope that mommy dearest doesn't decide to come." Keefe fiddled with a green sparkly stuffed creature.

"Let's hope when she comes, she doesn't bring the Gorgodon." Sophie stretched out her legs and finished her ice cream.

"Well, there's only one left, remember?" Fitz ate the cherry.

"One, but still dangerous." Biana ruffled her hair.

***

Steve POV

"This is so confusing," Steve muttered to himself, trying to turn on his phone.

"Sir, do you need help with that?" A pretty blonde walked up.

"Yes, just, I don't know how to turn this clunky thing on." Steve started bashing it against a tree.

"Oh, no, sir. You just click this," the blonde pressed a button at the bottom.

"Oh, thanks." Steve walked off, embarrassed.

Sophie looked after him strangely. Hey, Fitz, this human doesn't know how to use a phone.

Wait, really? The clunky machine thingy that you use? That iPod thing you have?

Yup. He acts weird. He calls everyone "ma'am" and "sir" like he's from the 1800s or something.

Weird. That's what regular elves call Fallon. Fitz got distracted by Keefe throwing a water balloon at his head and ended the telepathic chatting.

"Gah! Keefe, where'd you get that!?" Fitz spluttered.

"From that thingy over there!" Keefe pointed at the tiny water balloon shop and got smacked clean in the head by one.

"Ha, take that, Sencen!" Marella shouted.

"Dex, grab the entire stash!" Linh yelled.

"Got it!" Dex did an inhuman jump and landed smack in the middle of Keefe's stash.

He grabbed an armful and dumped it into a surprised Fitz's arms.

"Grab that, Wonderboy, and give it to Tam." Dex grabbed another armful and passed it onto Jensi.

"NOT THE STASH! NOT THE STASH!" Keefe came running over.

He tripped and got his hair full of dirt.

"NOT THE HAIR, MAN. NOT THE HAIR." Keefe wailed.