Chapter 7: Baba

The ride home went fairly smooth. Sam was admittedly nervous that it would be awkward, but it was actually the opposite. The two joked around for a while: cracking jokes on each other and laughing about situations with the boys. They talked about upcoming missions, Bucky's white wolf dealings with the Hatut Zeraze, the upcoming holidays and even started brainstorming ideas for the Wilson family business. Even when the car grew silent, they drove in a comfortable space. When Sam and Bucky finally arrived back home, they could tell that Sarah had already gotten the boys to bed. It was just past midnight at this point, and to say that everyone had an eventual day, would be the understatement of the century. Most of the lights around the house were off, save for the kitchen and small porch light that Sarah more than likely turned on for them. "Finally, home, I'm starving" Sam said as the pair walked into the house. Rounding the kitchen, they found Sarah sitting on the right-hand side of the table in her soft pink plush robe closed and tied tightly at the front. Her braids were pulled up in her bonnet as she read a book while eating what appeared to be a slice of cheesecake. "What you still doing up?" Sam asked her curiously as he came over to inspect her plate. Swatting him away, Sarah just looked at him.

"Decided to come do some Pilates" she said sarcastically. Sam sucked his teeth as he turned around to go find some sort of food from the refrigerator. Bucky smirked at the comment and immediately thought back to that very lovely and very explicit photo message that Sarah had sent to him earlier. He rounded the table sitting down in the chair to the left of her sliding it close enough for their legs to touch. He leaned back resting his right arm around the back of Sarah's chair.

"I'd love to see that" he whispered seductively to her. He licked then bit his lip and let his eyes roll up her body taking her in. He watched as the chills ran down her body and she instinctively squeezed her legs tighter. Satisfied with himself he sat back and let his hand discreetly drop to her shoulder as Sam walked back over to the table.

"Sar, can I have the rest of this?" Sam asked, holding a bowl of grilled shrimp and sausage, "I think I want to toss this on that salad from McAlister's".

"Yeah, sure fine, I don't care," she said, quickly closing her book and straightening up in her chair. She honestly would say anything to get Sam to leave her alone at the moment. Much to Sam's obliviousness, Bucky was currently eye fucking her, and she was having trouble concentrating on anything other than his hand slowly making its way down her back. She put this on herself truthfully. In a moment of confidence, she decided to send a pretty vivid photo of her in a sexy new lace lingerie set she had bought last week: if you would even classify that as lingerie. 'That is just some string pieced together with a buckle' she complained to her best friend Niecy. Niecy just laughed pushing it in her hands telling her there was no way they were leaving that store without it. Sarah knew the day had been emotionally and physically draining, so when he texted her telling her that he was coming home, she sent him some pictures just to remind him what would be waiting for him when he got there. What she hadn't banked on was Sam wanting to do his formal grandiose apology to her and Bucky tonight.

"Listen, while I have you both here, I want to officially say that I'm really sorry about everything today" Sam started as he placed his shrimp and sausage combo in the microwave before turning back around to lean against the counter as he talked to Sarah and Bucky.

"You really don't have to" Bucky and Sarah both said at once. Clearly, they were both on the same wavelength and Sam, as intelligent as he is, was not getting the hint.

"Sam we're all good" she tried to reassure him. "You two are good, and I'll seek my revenge later down the line" she joked trying to keep her voice normal. Still her breath hitched slightly as Bucky's hand finally found the spot just below the small of her back where the buckle laid earlier in the night. The fact that this man was still teasing her while Sam was trying to apologize was both infuriating and insanely hot. He was definitely getting her back for her surprise pictures. Sarah could tell the exact moment when Bucky realized that she wasn't wearing any underwear. She really did try listening to Sam, but all she could hear at the moment was Bucky's breath faltering. That realization wasn't enough to stop Bucky apparently, as he all but growled before gripping her ass. Sarah put her left hand down on his thigh and squeezed while mouthing for him to stop while Sam's back was to them. Bucky smirked and removed his hand before reaching over to taste some of her cheesecake that she honestly had long forgotten.

"Mmm, creamy, just how I like it" he whispered in her ear as he sat back. Sarah couldn't take it anymore.

Sam turned with his food heading for the table. "So I just wanted you both to know that-" he continued before Sarah interrupted him.

"Sam" she said through a strained plea, "things were intense, you're very sensitive, and can be a buttwipe sometimes, but we love you nonetheless, now please", she smiled "please go eat upstairs or something, I don't know, but I really want to kiss my boyfriend, and you are preventing me from doing so" she pursed her lips. She wanted to do a lot more than kiss Bucky but decided against scarring her brother. Bucky's eyes went wide and his face turned red at Sarah's bluntness. Sam just made a disgusted face.

"Eww, is this going to be like an everyday thing?" he asked annoyed before turning to leave the kitchen. "And I don't want to hear anything, these walls ain't that thick" he said as he left.

"Goodnight, Sam" Bucky said loudly. He waited until he heard Sam's room door close before placing both his hands on the sides of Sarah's chair, turning it, and pulling it to him. "Now" he started, running his right hand up Sarah's thigh. He leaned forward pressing his lips to her neck. He sucked on the line of her jaw before his lips came crashing down on hers. As his right hand came up on her naked hip, his breath hitched, and a groan escaped his throat. "Sarahhhh" he said, drawing out her name. His vibranium hand went to the knotted tie that was located in front of the robe, pulling at it as he continued his exploration. "What do you have on underneath this?" he asked even though he already knew the answer. Sarah bit her lip, and suddenly stood up and began backing out of the kitchen.

"Nothing" she said, pulling the rest of the tied knot loose before quickly closing the robe. Bucky groaned at the tease. "But it could be you" she as she quickly turned around leaving the kitchen and heading upstairs.

Bucky just shook his head and looked up for a moment. "Ogo ni fun Bast" he said to himself before getting up to follow after her.

The next morning seemed to have been the beginning of a life that Bucky was truly looking forward to. He got the expected overprotective big brother, 'don't hurt my sister or I'll feed you to the fish in the Bayou' speech from Sam while they were out for their morning run. They returned back to the house and took showers before they found themselves in an awakened and busy house. Sarah had rearranged the chore responsibilities to accommodate Cass' newest arm companion, and was at the moment, listing off items that she needed to get from the store to AJ who was writing everything down. Cass was sitting on the couch clearly having been woken up against his will. One thing Bucky learned very quickly; Cass was not a morning person. Bucky sat down on the couch next to the little boy who instinctively curled into his side, closing his eyes. "Daddy" Cass said softly. Wow that name just did something to him.

"Yeah Bud?" Bucky responded by wrapping his arm around the boy's shoulders.

"Mommy tried to make us eat McDonalds yesterday" he said in his unamused tired voice. Bucky just chuckled and laid his chin on top of Cass' head. Sam, who had been observing the interaction from the kitchen doorway, just smiled before heading in the kitchen to figure out what he was being tasked with. Meanwhile, Bucky, seated on the couch with the now sleeping boy nestled against him, thought back to a question Dr. Raynor had asked him before everything got crazy. 'So, now that you've stopped fighting, what do you want?' At the time he had said peace, but even then, the radical therapist had called him out on his bullshit answer. The truth was, he didn't know then, but as he sat there now in that moment, he realized that the thing he wanted most was family. Between Wakanda and the Wilsons, he realized he had everything he needed. He was ready, ilungile: ready to be a great boyfriend, a great friend, a great brother to his obnoxiously extroverted best friend, and most of all, a great dad.