[ chapter one ]

Ah, school: Something we'd enjoy if learning and rules wasn't a thing. 

Courtney Small is an eighteen-year-old female who majored in Art. Even though she liked art, she still dreaded it because her art professor was an asshole. He expected everyone to be perfect. Their paintings and drawings had realistic. Well, Alex wanted nothing to do with realistic drawings or paintings. She wanted to do creepy, fictional drawings.

Take Jeff the Killer, for example. Most of his fan art is him being 'hot' and 'sexy' while barely any of it is scary and near what he would actually look like. She wanted to make those creepy drawings happen.

Of course, before she could make that a full-time job, she'd have to make her mother happy by going to college. Another negative. She could be at home practicing herself, but she was stuck in a college classroom. Watching her professor go over 'Starry Night' by Vincent Van Gogh.

She groaned quietly, her sketchbook opened and lied out in front of her. She tapped her pencil on the wood of the desk, her head resting on a fist she made with her hand. Her eyes scanned the college students around her, bored as well. Her professor didn't take notice until she flipped to the back of the notebook, where her unnatural and creepy drawings rested.

She was working on one for a long time. A man with a mask the was covered in blood, the mask was broken around the left eye, revealing a blood shot eye. The professor snapped at Alex, a ruler in his hand, "Ms. Courtney Small. Drawing those disgraced drawings again?" The professor knew about the drawings but didn't say anything about them. Yeah, he wanted his students to draw realistic, but he didn't want them to be upset. "Bring me that sketchbook. You'll receive it back at the end of class," the professor instructed.

Courtney groaned, throwing her head back as she stood up. Pushing by a few people, she made it to the Professor. She handed him the sketchbook with a slight attitude. "Those drawings aren't what I expect. I want realistic, flawless drawings while you're drawing those scary, disgraceful drawings." Courtney nodded, rolling her eyes.

The professor sat the sketchbook on his desk, shooing Courtney away. She plopped back down in her desk, blowing a piece of hair from in front her face. Her brows her furrowed in annoyance as the class continued, the professor blabbering off about Vincent Van Gogh and his career. About four or five students fell asleep, Alex guessed they thought art would be more interesting than this and she didn't blame them.

.:.

Slowly, the end of class had arrived. The bell rung, almost instantly everyone was out the door except Courtney. She wanted her sketchbook back. She stopped at the desk the professor sat in, her posture straightens. "You may have your sketchbook back, but, if I see it out--I will take it for the rest of however many years you plan on staying," the professor handed her the sketchbook before yanking it back, flipping to the back. "These aren't appropriate for my class. Either get a sketchbook for my class or rip these awful things out." With that the sketchbook was in Courtney's hands.

She ran out the door, heading towards the exit. She wanted to drop out but didn't want to risk her mother being angry. Her father, on the other hand, had been supportive of her desire to stay home and practice herself. Art had been her last class, a relief to have such an asshole of a professor at the end of the day. She had never been going home with a bad attitude, but today was a different story. She was fed up. She wanted out.

She unlocked her car, only a few feet away from it. It was winter, the time for snow in her state. Of course, it hadn't happened just yet. It was mostly upper state and made its way towards her hometown during late winter. As she got into the car, she slammed her head into the steering wheel, blaring the horn. It caused a few glances from the people of the parking lot but was ignored by her.

She screamed silently. She hated it. She hated that her professor can't understand that she isn't into the realistic features. She hated that her mother is what's stopping her from dropping out or switching majors. She hated that she can't say no. She hated everything.

Pulling away from the steering wheel, she pulled out driving down the gloomy, surprisingly empty road home. Rain had started to fall, pattering the windshield of the car. Just her luck. She muttered quiet curses towards Mother Nature, anger practically overflowing in her.

.:.

Courtney pulled into the driveway, inhaling before she opened the car doors. She stepped out, opening the back driver side door. She had gone to the grocery store before she went home, getting some noodles and sauce for that night's dinner because her dad had used the spaghetti noodles for lunch and used the sauce on pizza. 

Her dad wasn't the brightest, but she loved him unconditionally and so did her mother.

She held the plastic Walmart bags in her arms, digging for the house keys in her pocket. She slid the key into the front door, turning it to the left to open it. She had noticed that her parents' cars were outside which was unusual as they had to work today and normally got off at around nine or ten o'clock at night. They hadn't told her they were getting off tonight, so.

She twisted the doorknob slightly, allowing the door to swing open, revealing her mother sitting on the couch--crying. Her dad was sprawled out onto the ground, not a muscle was moving. It wasn't until she got closer, she realized the crimson color dyed the white rug of the kitchen floor. The wound looked like a stab wound in different places. The chest, the neck, the legs, etc. 

Her mother was crouched beside the male's body, her make-up smeared. As she realized her daughter looking at the scene, she quickly got up and hugged her. Tears brimmed the daughter's eyes as she returned the tight embrace. Courtney dared not to stare at the lifeless body of her father.

-

-

-

[Aye, first chapter that isn't a Prologue! A long one, that is. This isn't going to be the cringe books where Alexs' parents are abusive. Her father is dead and that's it. No other deaths will happen until later on, I'm not rushing it. Also, if you didn't read the description: This book is based heavily off of Creepypasta and/or Marble Hornets. So, there will be similar problems. I plan on finishing this book, praying that I don't get bored of it.]