Three's a Crowd

*

"How does this look, y'all?" Kaiya asked her bestfriends on Facetime as she modeled her fifth outfit she was deciding on wearing.

"It's cute." Yasmin said and Kaiya frowned.

"That's it?"

"Kaiya, you're just going out to eat pancakes with Quincy."

"I know but I wanna look nice."

"For him or for you?"

Kaiya ignored Anaya's comment, reaching to the side to hold up two purses.

"Which purse should I wear?"

She ended up going with the third outfit she tried on and thanked them for putting up with her annoying ways before getting off to get ready to go.

Quincy has been her bestfriend since she was a junior in highschool. And ever since the day they met, they were basically inseperable. And have been that way until more recently. They haven't seen eachother in a month and a half because of work and other things.

But yesterday he called her and asked if she wanted to get breakfast and of course she agreed. It felt like she hasn't seen him in forever.

The restaurant they were eating at was fairly close to her house so she got there in no time. He told her he was sitting in the outside dining area since it was a nice day so the hostess walked her back there and let her know someone would be there to help them shortly.

She thanked the woman and then walked over to where she seen him looking down at his phone.

"Long time no see, stranger."

He looked up and smiled wide, standing to pull her into a big hug.

"I missed you." He said into her neck.

"I missed you, too."

They pulled back from the hug and he gave her a once over before meeting her eyes again.

"You look pretty."

"Thankyou. You look pretty handsome yourself."