chapter two!

chapter two— ghostly rumors and satanic beings

✼ •• ┈┈WHEN DAISY JAMES was eight years old, her mother had sat her down at their kitchen table and talked to her about the importance of being kind to others. She said it was a trait that not a lot of people had, so therefore it was Daisy's responsibility to show others the kindness that they hadn't ever been received before. Of course, Daisy took her mother's words as the gospel and made it her mission to be kind. To be a pretty flower that made others happy in their worst moments.

When Aster fell over on his skateboard, Daisy showed him her kindness by bandaging up his skinned knees and wiping his tears away with a smile. When Logan had still been in med school and stressed out of his mind, Daisy showed him her kindness by hiding away his text books and taking him out to the botanical gardens to relax.

In Doctor Shepherd's case, though, Daisy's kindness was displayed to the red head when a pack of tissues was slid in front of her.

"They're Vicks tissues, the good shit," the nurse said softly. "They don't hurt your nose when you wipe all the snot away."

Dr. Shepherd chuckled through her sniffles, "Thank you. Believe it or not, this is the nicest thing anyone has done for me since I got here."

"That's fucked up," Daisy blurted out. She didn't know much about Dr. Shepherd besides the fact that she was married to their head of neuro, but she knew that she deserved more than whatever she was going through to make her bawl her eyes out in a dusty on call room. "I'm really sorry. Maybe try surrounding yourself with nicer people?"

"I think everyone here hates me. My husband certainly does," the redhead shrugged, "If they don't hate me, then they pity me, and it's an awful limbo to be in."

Daisy couldn't see how anyone could hate her. She was here to save someone's babies! That totally had to bring you points in the likable department. "If it makes you feel any better, I don't hate strangers. I don't pity them either."

Dr. Shepherd let out an exasperated sigh, the reality of her current situation finally hitting her. "You're right, you are a stranger. Why am I sitting here and talking to you about how my husband hates me?"

Ah, so that's how they were going to play it.

"Well," now it was Daisy's turn to shrug, "My name is Daisy James, like the flower. I'm twenty four, my sun sign is Cancer and my moon is Scorpio. I'm also a nurse practitioner here at Seattle Grace hospital, and. . . what else? Oh, my favorite color is orange. But like like that throw-up orange, but like a peachy orange?"

She smiled bashfully at Dr. Shepherd's bewildered expression. "There. Now we're not complete strangers."

If you were to ask Dr. Shepherd at that time what had convinced her to add onto Daisy's personal info dump, she would've blamed it on the Seattle rain seeping into her brain or the fact that she had to see her husband's mistress everywhere. Daisy would've just said that she managed to intrigued her.