Prologue.

The blood on my body was beginning to dry. I can hear the sickening sound of it squeezing out of my clothes as I run as fast as I can. I shudder at the feeling of it hardening and cracking at each harsh movement. Some of it dripped onto the snow, leaving a trail for them to follow. Fuck. My hands grab and push on trees, hoping it can give me more speed. My hands are getting more and more scraped by the minute, slivers and burns coating them to make a gross mess. A more disgusting factor, was that I can't tell if it is mine or not. 

I don't even remember why I'm running. What I do know, is that if I stop, I'll get killed. The sound of men yelling behind me and gunshots flood my ears, which only makes the adrenaline pump harder through my veins. The will to survive overpowers any pain I am feeling in my legs. My chest heaves and burns, breathing is starting to feel like inhaling acid. Snow crunches beneath me, the ice sheet on top of it causing me to slide at certain turns. I can see another building in the near distance, making my mind scream at me to start running faster. 

Until I see him. Memories start rushing back in a strange order. I saw his hands wrapped around my throat as I coughed up blood. I saw his eyes piercing mine as he locked me in a cell. I saw the proud smirk he held as he turned on a machine, watching my body shake and twitch in pain. The white walls that surrounded me as I screamed, begging for mercy. 

Why would he do that to me? 

Did I deserve it? 

Who   is   he?

The he in question was standing knees deep in snow as he punched and screamed at another man holding a shield. Pure rage forming on his face as his raven hair was pushed out of his face by the hit of the other man. The mans skin is pale white, a harsh contrast to his blue and red suit. It faintly reminds me of something I can't get my finger on. The soldiers shoulders were covered in muscles, his shoulder broadening as he slammed his fist into the other mans head. As he brings his stripped shield down on the raven mans back, the blonde soldier turns around, and we make eye contact. My heart leaps with fear as I began running again, not looking back to see if he was following. I slide fast into another building, my head knocking against the wall briefly before I shake it off and begin sprinting down the dimly lit hallway. Dead bodies were thrown across the concrete floor in an unforgiving manor yet there was barely any blood anywhere.

What happened to these men? 

I don't have time to think as I dart across hallways and stairways finally taking a break in a concealed room. I lean up against the wall, greedily gasping for air and taking in as much as I could. My hand grabs at my chest hoping maybe that could help my lungs take in more oxygen. With my heart pounding so hard, I can feel it in every vein. My veins pulse in my arms stretching past me, feeling a surge of what I'm assuming is adrenaline. In the distance, my ears pick up the sound of men running. I close my eyes and concentrate on that sound, trying to figure out where that sound was coming from. My eyes snap open just as quickly as they had shut when the door of the room I am in opens with a force. 

"Ты идешь со мной!" a man yells at me, pushing his gun up as me. 

"You, you're coming with me!" My mind translates before I can guess what he is saying.

Since when do I know Russian? 

The man walks closer, cocking his gun and aiming for my chest. 

"Встать на колени." Get on your knees.

My body is frozen in fear. 

"Я буду стрелять" I will shoot. 

A moment passes before he shoots. Once. Twice. Three times. I hear the bullets hit the walls behind me. 

Why can't I feel anything? Is death supposed to be painless? 

I look into the mans fear filled eyes as he shakes his head, backing away from me.

"что ты, черт возьми." What the fuck are you? He whispers out.

A crash breaks our trance as I see his now dead body go flying and a hole burned into the wall. In the rubble of concrete from the explosion, an arrow head sticks out of a cracked piece of wall. I study the arrow, before realizing it was in fact blinking red. I throw my body out of the burning hole just as the second bomb goes off, I can feel the flames burn my back and legs right before my feet hit the ground. 

I let out a scream of pain, the burns on my skin throwing a tantrum. A whoosh of wind is felt before I find myself in a mans arms and now in a new location away from the raging battlefield. I look up to see a young white man with dyed blonde hair, and a grayish blue suit. His bright eyes find mine as he speaks out.

"You speak English?"

I nod my head, my mind trying to figure out where that accent is from. He points in a direction and turns my head to make sure i'm looking there too. 

"Run that way. Don't stop until you see a very big jet. Got it?" His voice seems so familiar to me.

Once again, I nod. Ignoring the pain in my legs I get to a running stance. The mans head turns as he offers me a kind smile. 

"What's your name литтле оне?" He asks. 

I open my mouth, wanting to respond before looking down in shame. Confusion is seen on his face as he searches mine for an answer. 

"I don't know." I whisper out, my memory failing me once again. 

He gives me a sad look, before pushing some hair out of my face. 

"We'll find it. Promise." He says before his eyes meet ones behind me.

Panic floods his face before he disappears in a flash. I hear a slam behind me making me turn around, only to see him holding a soldier down. 

"Hydra" I read, staring at the word on the soldiers jacket.

"Run! Now!" The fast one yells, starling me out of my trance. 

I waste no time in standing up and breaking into a full on sprint, ignoring the bullets flying past me. My breathing is now in a pattern, my body has memorized to keep me from needing to stop and take breaths. After all the last time I did that I was shot. Speaking of, shouldn't I be bleeding out?

My mind yells at me as I flinch at every gunshot I hear, a louder gunshot goes off close to me. I look down for a brief second, before feeling a tight pressure in my abdomen. Pain spreads throughout my body, feeling like someone put a red hot iron through my stomach. Catching the scream in my throat, I start running again, now going at a much slower pace. 

Slowing down Isn't an option though, I can see the outline of a jet wing in the distance. I push my body as much as I can, feeling like I'm about to throw up. Adrenaline is now the only thing keeping me standing. Warm liquid fills my mouth, a metallic taste making me spit at the ground. I can faintly see a splotch of red hit the snow before I limp past it. 

Just a little longer, please. 

My vision was fading, and my legs were so close to giving out. That all to familiar hopeless feeling filled my soul as I slowed down, crashing into the ground before my body completely gave out. I could see a figure in the distance running over to me. From what I could make out, it seemed to be a woman in a black dress. Or is it a skirt? They knelt down next to me, hands raising above me. My thoughts rushed, I'm about to be finished off. Red eyes that seemed to be glowing filled my blurred vision. I ignore the calm that washed over me. This is not how I should be feeling. My voice was hoarse, as I try to yell out, fight back, something. Yet nothing happens. No words come out, just a struggled gasp. No movements happen either. The most I can get is a finger twitch. My mind is the only thing functioning at this point, and even that was a stretch. 

No.

 This isn't how it's supposed to end.

 For fucks sake I don't even know my name yet. 

Black fills my vision as I feel fingers brushing my hair and my body being lifted.

"Stay with me флощер, you're safe now. I promise. You can rest." Is the last thing I hear before going unconscious. 

флощер= Flower. 

литтле оне= little one.