MICROGREENS: HEALTH BENEFITS, NUTRITION, AND HOW TO GROW

Why Microgreens?

Mini greens pack contains 40-50% more nutrition compared to their full-sized counterparts. They are highly loaded with Vitamins and minerals. Also, a great source of beneficial plant compounds like polyphenols and antioxidants. Help in detoxing the body. Provide delicate textures & unique flavors and colors to dishes.

Benefits:

Rich in essential nutrients.Excellent source of enzymes.High in amino acids, the building blocks of proteins.Rich in Antioxidants.Rich in Chlorophyll, a powerful blood cleanser.Microgreens are a good source of Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K.It was loaded with Beta-Carotene which is good for vision, immunity, and overall health.Microgreens allow you to refine your meals with flavor and color.

Simple Growing Methods:

Buy Best Quality Seeds.Store them where temperature and humidity fluctuations are very low.Direct sunlight reduces the seed quality.Can be grown via soil-less and soil methods.The nutrient-rich medium and proper minerals are necessary for vibrant, nutrient-rich plants.In soil, organic earthworm castings, compost, kelp will make the soil richer.Using high- quality medium will give a higher yield.Choose shallow and wide trays of lightweight movable trays.Lack of drainage, you will find poor growth.Use lightweight cotton cloth or tissues for growing microgreens.Cover microgreen seeds.Mist the seeds with water. Give proper air circulation.A Sharp cut will make less damage to the greens.

Difference between Sprouts, Microgreens & Greens:

Sprouts:

The initial stage of a seed's development is the sprout. Until they germinate, their seeds are kept moist and at room temperature. They are consumed shortly after they germinate, rather than growing any further. They have a crisp texture. Alfalfa, moong, lentil, chickpea, broccoli, and radish are among the examples.

Microgreens:

The seed's second stage of development. It entails the creation of roots and the emergence of the cotyledons, which are the first adorable leaves. Microgreens are leaves picked at this stage. True leaves will form if the microgreens continue to grow.

Greens:

The seed's third stage of development. It would finally reach the baby green stage following the real leaf stage and a few days. Salads with baby greens are very popular. They have a stronger scent and flavor. Tender leaves compared to a fully established plant. However, they lose some of the flavor and nutritional benefits that they had earlier.