CANYON MOON

If Edward Cullen had to imagine what the opposite of Bella Swan was, a picture of Emilia Swan would automatically pop into his head

If Edward Cullen had to imagine what the opposite of Bella Swan was, a picture of Emilia Swan would automatically pop into his head. The girl wore bright form fitting clothes opposed to Bella who wore neutral and loose fitting clothes. While Bella was on the shyer side, Emilia was not afraid to voice her opinions and thoughts.

Take for example yesterday when Edward asked her how her stay in forks had been so far, in an attempt to make conversation with his girlfriend's little sister, the girl took one look at him and said "God! Do you spend any time outside? Christ I hope not everyone in this town looks as deathly pale as you" and walk away leaving the boy in shock. This caused Emmett who was pretending to take a sip of water to accidentally inhale it and snort it out with Rosalie patting his back giving the girl a look of approval.

Not only was this the first time the girl had acknowledged him but it was also the first time he focused on her thoughts. With Bella he couldn't read her thoughts at all but with Emilia her thoughts were loud, disorganized and simply hard to read. It was almost like a defense mechanism.

After several times of trying to talk with the girl Emilia had begun to completely ignore him. If he walked towards her she'd walk the other way and if by chance catching a moment to talk to her she'd only insult him before walking away. Bella had told him to give it time 'she's still adjusting to Forks', not liking the way her boyfriend spoke about her little sister. But Edward knew from her thoughts it would be a while before coming around to not only living in forks but to him and his siblings.

Emilia woke up in a bad mood. It was Sunday afternoon and the banging on her door caused by her dad had jolted her awake. She had woken you earlier that Sunday but after a quick run around the neighborhood boredom set in. Deciding to head back to bed and sleep the day away forgetting about their afternoon plans, now she had half an hour to get ready to head down to La Push to meet some of her dad's old friends.

"Emilia! You have two minutes before I bust down the door!" Charlie continued banging on the door. Checking his watch it read 5:55, he had promised Sue that he would get there in time to help set up the table. He turned as he heard a door softy close.

Bella gave her dad a tight smile. "I'm heading out. I'll be back by 9pm like we talked about." Charlie let out a sigh and looked down.

"I can still go, right?" Charlie was beginning to regret telling his oldest that she could skip the day out to have dinner with her boyfriend's family. Bella was the only person that was able to handle Emilia's attitude.

"Yeah. Don't worry. Just be back in time. Oh stop by the bakery and get your sister those little cakes she likes. I think she'll like those for tomorrow's dinner." Bella nodded a small smile setting on her face.

"Don't worry dad she'll come around." Bella turned and headed out. Charlie had been doing his best to help Emilia get situated at home. But there was no way to hide the way Emilia was absolutely refusing to even try to get to know the town.

Opening her bedroom door, Em ignored her dad and walked down the stairs. "Em, you know you're not supposed to be locking your bedroom door. What if a fire broke out and I wasn't able to get to you?" Charlie ranted the whole way to La Push about the dangers of keeping her door locked while Lia ignored him choosing to stare out the window with a blank look on her face.

Emilia wasn't happy she was basically being forced to go down to la push but she was happy with her outfit. The day had been warmer than usual and she was finally able to escape her regular pants for a cute pink skirt.

Pulling up to a house that was the slightest bit smaller than her dads Emilia stepped out. Taking her time adjusting her outfit and doing some light primping in the cruiser's side mirror. Charlie looked exasperated.

"How do I look?" Emilia strikes a pose.

"Beautiful. You're the prettiest girl I've ever seen Lia." Charlie rubbed his face.

"Sarah Michelle Geller pretty or Britney Spears Pretty?" Charlie gave up on the conversation, not knowing who either of those people were and ushered the younger girl in the house.

Meanwhile inside, Jacob kept giving the Clearwater siblings worried looks. Leah rolled her eyes. She was the oldest one out of the three; she was the one that was supposed to be giving the boys those types of looks. Seth just looked happy to be there. After being stuck in Sam Uley's home for the past three weeks anywhere that wasn't there seemed good to him.

"Jake leave them alone. You're making Leah angsty." Billy called out to his son. Seeing lights fill in through the blinds Sue got up and opened the door waiting on the father daughter duo to fill in.

"Okay, remember what we spoke about. It's all about having self control." Jake gave them a pep talk.

Leah rolled her eyes. "Please. I practice self control everyday."

"Really? With shifting?" Seth questioned, Leah didn't shift much, only when going on patrol. Sam had said she was the one person that had a better handle on it so it confused him.

"No. Keeping myself from hitting Jacob every time he opens his big mouth." Now it was Jake's turn to roll his eyes.

"Show time." Billy muttered to the bickering kids, turning to face the newcomers.

Thoughts? Please correct me on my grammar and/or spelling errors. Most fics ive read have bella being really neglectful of the main character which is either her sibling or friend. so i wanted a bit of a change. bellas going to be like a worried mother.