The Sad Thing Is...

A dull, yellow-orange, light was being cast over the hospital - the afternoon slipping away little by little as a soft chill started to linger in the air. Down in the field, nearly all the produce was in baskets, crops had been replanted, bringing the couples' shift to a close end. They had one row of carrots to go but were already tired, and bored, enough to think about accidentally missing it. 

"Almost done," Yoongi sighed, thankfully. He had stopped replanting now, not seeing any point, and was just helping Jimin with his task. The boy had gotten quieter as time passed, his happy energy dying down from earlier, like the sun above them; so, Yoongi tried to get his attention by suggesting something the boy never usually refused. "I don't know about you but I'm gonna go to bed, after this. Cuddling sounds good to me, what about you?"

"Sounds good," Jimin nodded, mindlessly agreeing but not actually hearing what the elder had said as he tried to finish his work as quickly as he could, being fairly tired himself. "It's getting cold again, this is stupid. Been here all day, yet we don't seem to have got anywhere." 

Yoongi placed a carrot, he was holding, into the basket and turned to his fiancé with a small frown. He heard the difference in Jimin's now not-so-light voice as he mumbled to himself. 

The boy's expression was grim and he was pulling carrots from the ground, throwing them in the basket without much care. Much different to how he was working earlier, where he was picking each vegetable carefully and inspecting them before gently placing them in the basket.

"Everything alright, jagi?" The elder asked, sensing just how tense the younger was. 

Carefully, he moved closer to the smaller to massage the base of his neck for him, so he could relax. The boy's muscles felt stiff under Yoongi's hand, causing him to sigh sympathetically, trying to rub the tension away. He felt like the day was starting to drag, himself, but he didn't think about what the long hours of work were doing to Jimin's energy levels. 

"It's getting cold again," Jimin repeated, not bothering to look up but closing his eyes to savour the comfort the elder was giving him. "That's all. Why is this taking so long?" 

Yoongi sighed and sat back on the grass, going to shrug his coat off for the boy but the latter shot him a sharp glare, making him rethink the gesture.

"Keep that jacket on or so help me, God..." Jimin narrowed his eyes and gave a soft shake of his head, not willing the take the elder's jacket because he'd just get cold instead. It wouldn't have been fair. "... Don't you dare."

Yoongi just shrugged, not bothering to argue but just making a mental note to inform Dawon this was definitely the last time they were doing this. It was clearly too much in one go, for the younger.

It wasn't unusual for Jimin to get snippy when he was tired and Yoongi knew the only reason he was snapping at him was that he was closest. It could have been anyone. That said though, it was never fun being on the receiving end of the otherwise always calm boy's aggression.

"Let's finish off then," Yoongi said, not fazed by the harshness of the smaller's tone. He looked up and saw just how late in the day it was getting, agreeing that still working on the same task was getting ridiculous. "The quicker we finish, the quicker we can go back." 

"Actually, I think I'm gonna head back now," Jimin shook his head, catching Yoongi off guard as he slightly kicked the basket out of his way, knocking the crops on the ground. The longer the day went on, the more tedious the work got and the boy found himself feeling rather sick, wanting nothing more than to curl up in bed and sleep for a good week or so. "Feel free to finish up... I'm done with this bullshit."