𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sometimes people feel as if friendship is a waste of time, especially with the enemy. I see it as a win. If you get someone to trust you enough they'll tell you everything and if they betray you, you know everything. Loyal friends will follow you to hell and back...but make a deal with the devil and let them pay the price. Hopefully, I know enough to save a town of imbeciles I'm friends with"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey slow down!" Merlin shouted limping over to Adamaris. Adamaris stopped in their tracks and looked over at Merlin. It seems they were walking a bit too fast. "My apologies Merlin. I just would like to get there before it gets dark. You do have the journal for the sirens correct?" Adamaris asked him. Merlin quickly searched through the bag he brought with him and found the journal before holding it up. "Yes, I have it. Why are we giving this to the sirens anyways?" Merlin asked them. Adamaris simply gave Merlin a small smile and said "You'll find out soon enough. Now let's continue" Merlin nodded and started to follow beside Adamaris but was still curious about the journal.

Unfortunately for them, the way they have to get to siren territory causes them to have to walk on a path in the forest in between the vampires and the werewolves' territory. If you haven't been living under a rock you would know that the vampires and werewolves have been enemies for centuries now. Both these creatures are around more at night so if Adamaris and Merlin are caught after dark on this path, they will most likely be caught up in a fight between the vampires and werewolves.

"So what even is in this journal anyways?" Merlin asked Adamaris. They haven't told Merlin anything about what they were doing so Merlin was rather curious but trusted the witch had good intentions. "I'll tell you soon. Just know it is something very important that we cannot let anyone get their hands on" Adamaris answered Merlin back. Merlin simply nodded deciding to take that answer for now. The walk from then on was rather quiet. Adamaris liked the quiet of the forest. It gave them peace of mind. They simply continued walking hoping to get there soon.

In the Siren's cove, we're two sirens. One named Iris who was currently sitting on a rock, bored out of her mind trying to figure out what to do. The other named Meixu swam peacefully humming to herself. She couldn't help but notice the bored siren in front of her and decided to strike up a conversation. "So do you think any humans will be passing by here soon?" Meixu asked Iris. They have always been rather interested in humans and always wanted to see one in person. Iris hearing Meixu shrugged. "How should I know" She said back. Iris didn't care to have a conversation with the other siren. Meixu sighed before hearing footsteps. She immediately looked over at the direction she heard them coming from and got curious. What if it was a human? Though she quickly realized that it could be hunters. She went ahead and hid behind a rock. Iris on the other hand couldn't care less and stayed right where she was.

"Oh good we're here," Adamaris said. They went ahead and smiled at Iris. Meixu poked their head out from behind the rock recognizing the witch and their apprentice. "Oh hello, Adamaris" Meixu said back with a small smile. She met Adamaris when she was walking around one time and got distracted with a book which lead to her bumping into a tree rather roughly and falling getting hurt. Adamaris was luckily there and helped Meixu. Unlike Meixu, Iris didn't have a clue who Adamaris or their apprentice was so she stayed quiet. "Hello, Meixu. Sorry to be bothering you but I have a favor to ask of you" They said to Meixu as she looked at them with curiosity in her eyes. "It's no problem really. What is it you need?" Meixu asked Adamaris before looking over at Merlin who handed Meixu some sort of journal. "I need you to destroy this journal. I know the siren species are currently neutral in the war which means I can trust you. Whatever you do, do not look inside the journal". Merlin hearing that Adamaris wanted the journal destroyed didn't know what to think. Though there was one thing he was wondering. What was in that journal that Adamaris wants to destroy? Meixu stayed quiet for a moment looking at the cover of the journal. They then looked at the witch and nodded. "I'll do what I can"