Act Three: Redemption: Part One

I spent the next day sitting next to the fountain where i first met Mephisto personally. I had one last day before the festival, and i was pretty much going to waste it moping. Because i was a total fuckup. I should have told Mephisto i loved him when i had the chance. But i didn't want him to leave me or hurt me like everyone else i told them i loved had. I truly love Mephisto Pheles. He is the kindest person i have ever met. He's charming and charismatic, and isn't afraid to be himself. He may not be the most generous or the most handsome, but i loved him for who he is. Not for what i wanted him to be.

I was sitting at the fountain with my shoes off, just sitting there as rain pattered on the ground. Rain droplets dribbled off my hair and onto the pavement below. I knew i wouldn't get sick, i just knew that. I actually didn't care if i did though. I'd deserve it. I suddenly felt the rain stop, and looked up to see someone holding an umbrella over me. I looked up and saw Rin, his face masked in concern. I frowned deeper then i already was.

"Why are you here?"

"Cram School wasn't in session, but i didn't know if you knew that, so i went to tell you but your roommates told me you were moping. Plus i saw your cast got taken off."

"Yeah i only needed it for a day or two. I can't use it a lot but if I'm careful i can pick things up and move my fingers." I noticed how pained my voice sounded. Rin sat down next to me.

"So why are you barefoot, and why are you sad."

"You wouldn't understand." I said.

"Try me." I thought it over for a moment.

"There's this guy. He told me he loves me. But i think he hates me now."

"Why?"

"Because i can't tell him i love him back. I do love him, i really really do. But i don't... want him to abandon me like everyone else in my life."

"I haven't abandoned you."

"It's a matter of time."

"Shiemi hasn't, Yukio hasn't, hell even Bon hasn't abandoned you! If we really were going to leave you we would have when we first met you. I don't know what happened in your life, but let me tell you that the people that have left you are probably regretting it right about now. Because you're the funniest person i have ever met besides myself, you're charming and you open up like a book once you get to know people. You're like a really close sister that i never had. And i, along with everyone else, will never leave you." I took a minute to swallow that.

"You're the greatest friend i have ever had and you are the best damn singer i have ever heard."

"Thanks Rin." I muttered.

"No problem. Now who's the guy you like?" I hesitated before i told him. He almost recoiled.

"Mephisto?! That's just-!"

"You said you wouldn't judge me!" I pointed out. He took deep breaths before chilling out.

"Alright. So, Mephisto loves you?"

"Yep."

"And you love him too?"

"Yeah."

"Alright." He clapped his hands together.

"What are we gonna do to make it up to him?"

"You'll help me?"

"Duh! You're like my sister. I care about you."

"Thanks Rin." I smiled after what felt like an eternity of not doing so.

"Well i think with your and everyone else's help, I'll be able to do what i want to."

Hey! Sorry this one is short, i wanted the last chapter to be as long as possible! I'll see you in the last chapter!