Chapter 23 ~ Waking Up

Shade p.o.v

I gasped and opened my eyes. I was still sat in the back room, where I had fallen asleep. "was that all a dream?" I muttered to myself. I looked around, yep it was the same old place. But that dream seemed so real.. The pain... My lungs bursting for air... None of that was real?

I got to my feet and looked around. There was no one else in the room with me. "You have the nightmare too?" A voice echoed in my head. I slowly nodded. The voice said something I didn't hear and faded away. "What..?" I muttered and walked to the door. I turned the handle and pushed the door. It wad locked. "Heh.. Stupid spring thinks he can trap me with a locked door?" I smirked and kicked the door, it flew open with a crash. "Great, now I'm out of there, I can find spring." I growled.

Spring p.o.v

I heard a crash, it came from the back room. I froze, I had locked shade in that room.. Oh no...

I walked down the hall slowly and was met face to face with shade. "Can you give me one good reason why you locked me in the back room?" She hissed. She wasn't pleased with me. "Uhh.. You were twitching and saying random things like we don't deserve this..or freedom.. We thought you lost it so we locked you in there because we know how you like to be alone so no one could get in" I said quickly, hoping she would understand that we were doing it for her benefit. She sighed and let me go "Sorry.." She muttered and teleported. I sighed "Poor girl" I whispered to myself and walked to the office, where a new, unfortunate guard sat in his chair.

~Time Skip~

I dragged the suit, which was now sticky with blood, into the back room and saw shade sat on the table looking at something. I peeked over her shoulder and saw she held a... Murder file? There was a picture of a teen girl that slightly resembled shade when she was in her human form. She had dirty blonde hair, bright blue eyes and a gorgeous smile and tanned skin. She looked so happy.

"They lied spring.." She whispered. "They said it was an accident, they hid it all away.." She started to cry and I wrapped my arms around her, I let her cry into my chest. I felt sorry for her, she didn't deserve to die.. She had so much to live for, as did the rest of us. But thanks to Vincent we had to say goodbye to all of that...