[1] Thankful Farewell

You were awful. Unbearable. For every second of those 7 years I couldn't bear to look you in the eyes, the eyes of a holo human... That's what you did to me.

"What is it ma'am?"
"Nothing. Just some filth."
-you said. That was until you saw it. The gaping hole that spat me out... the Vortex that became the secret you imprisoned me within, along with the power you seized me for. Only then... was I of interest to you, for I was of use to you.

Distantly, on a bitterly frigid, outlying island where dull clouds began to engulf the sky in misery, the previously tranquil woodland wildlife searched through the greenery for adequate shelter; a storm was brewing. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just the weather changing it's tune. A mesmerising transition took itself upon the still, navy sky and propelled it into violet scattering thunder. The sky displayed captivating spurts of light but remained silent. Familiarly, the atmospheres performance resembled a certain type of firework or shooting star. Wrapping itself around the feet and bodies of the forests trees, a dense haze derived its pleasure through clouding the vision of the living.

Suddenly, an ominous screech emitted from behind the mist a few hundred feet in the air accompanied by a thick streak of illuminated lilac dissevering the atmosphere. The creatures of the island ran around frantically, startled and panicked as a glowing violet veil graced the sky and irradiated it while soft drops of water fell from the clumps of fluff that hung in the sky. The only audible noise that could be heard was the sound of the rain attacking the greenery below.

Despite being delicate and mist-like, the rain seemed angered and aggressive.

Sprawled on the floor a frail girl in tattered grey rags struggled to lift herself from the sloppy soil where she lay. Hovering a few hundred feet above the girl loomed an unwelcoming purple vortex which seemed to be dilating and contracting. There, she was approached by a slender stranger. Whilst being assaulted by the frustration of the storm, the girl whimpered inaudible cries at the dominant silhouette.

At first, it seemed that the figure hadn't noticed the sorry creature and was fixated on the whirl of luminescent particles in the sky.
"H-....help..." a voice could be heard pleading behind hiccups and tears.
With little hesitation, the stranger leaned her angular figure down and aggressively grabbed the child's face to pulled it in for inspection.

"What's your name child?" She demanded.
The girl was unable to reply with a definitive answer, fumbling over her words and shivering, she just clung onto the strangers hand as it's fingers dug into her cheeks.

Thunder roared across the island; the figure rose and turned her back to the child and began to walk away, heartlessly dismissing the interaction.

"What is it ma'am?" A shaken male voiced nervously.
"Nothing. Just some filth."

Registering the context of the situation rather swiftly, the helpless being began to panic. Being left alone in a place like this, defenceless and confused was no life for a child. It was so cold. Frosty. Lonely.
The girls emotions overwhelmed her physical body to the point her skin began to feel like it was frying.
"AAAAAHHH!" The girl screamed in desperation. Promptly, a blinding magenta glow discharged from her body as she struggled to crawl to the woman through the thick, seemingly impenetrable mud. Her head grieved in agony and her vision distorted, yet she remained determined to claw her way to the towering silhouette.

Intrigued, the woman gazed down at the child in a trance. Not a common sight or... opportunity you see every day, and not a situation she planned to take lightly. Such a curious discovery in such abnormal circumstances and so many questions, possibilities and tunnels channeling her curiosity.