Chapter 24 - Landing at Point Rain

Anakin Skywalker

"You're late," Obi-Wan says as Ahsoka and I walk into the room where him, Qui-Gon, Aniya, and Alema are congregated to prepare for the upcoming battle.

"Sorry, Master," I reply, "Ahsoka and I were busy routing the Seppies near Dorin."

"Of course," Aniya smirks.

"My squadron alone had fifty-five kills," Ahsoka brags.

"Yeah," I turn towards my padawan with a smirk, "But mine had seventy-six."

"Showoff," she huffs before turning away. Aniya laughs at our bickering.

"To be fair," Alema interjects, "We are still much younger than you and haven't even been Padawans for a year yet."

"Well, I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves," Obi-Wan interrupts, glancing between us.

"Don't we usually?" chuckles Aniya.

"Hey, it's just a little friendly competition, Master," I argue. "Nothing to worry about."

"What I worry about is the way this war seems to be drawing out with no end in sight," he replies, expression serious again before he turns back to the hologram in front of us.

"Which is why our invasion of Geonosis must be successful," interjects Qui-Gon. I can't believe we're going back there again. Honestly, this is another one of those planets I never want to lay eyes on again. At least my entire family is here. I don't know what I'd do if they weren't. This place holds very bad memories. We went there after Mom died. It was where the war started, where I learned one of the few people I looked up to was a Sith, where – no. Don't go there. That doesn't mean I can stop remembering the blinding, searing agony unlike anything I've ever felt. I left a part of myself here. Literally. I'd like to leave it behind for good, thank you very much. I am so going to enjoy burning this place to the ground.

"Whatever they throw at us, we can handle it," chirps Alema. "Right, Master?"

"Sure thing, Icicle," she grins.

"Never be too overconfident," Qui-Gon cautions, a teasing note in his voice.

Obi-Wan clears his throat. "In case you've all forgotten, we have a battle to be attending to." Right.

"Ahsoka, contact the Outer Rim Command," I instruct, "We're ready for our briefing." No point waiting. The sooner the battle on Geonosis is won, the better.

Moments later, we find ourselves surrounding a hologram with the map of the area. Holograms of Yoda, Windu, Luminara, and Palpatine are standing around it also.

"Our ships are in position, and we are ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians," Obi-Wan reports.

"And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" Windu inquires.

"They're already waiting for us."

"It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here," Obi-Wan responds, pointing to the spot on the map. "The factory is protected by a shield generator. We shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defense lines to a staging area just short of the shield." Three green arrows appear pointing to the destination. "Once we've landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target."

"Isn't it risky committing four generals to one area of the attack?" argues Palpatine, "If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow."

"Whatever it is, we'll come out alive," offers Aniya brightly.

"To ensure that rise again Geonosis does not, capture Poggle we must," insists Yoda.

"Of course," the Chancellor nods, "As always, I shall leave the strategy to you, Master Jedi."