Chapter 2 playtime with cubs

Bold means-author is talking

Italic means-thoughts

"Quotation" marks mean-character is talking out loud to other characters.

POV means- point of view

While Simba is patrolling the Pridelands boarders today Nala and I are hanging out with the other lionesses near the waterhole close to Priderock. Imani and Azizi are playing nearby with Nala's cub Kiara and a few other Pride cubs. A little while after I got pregnant with Imani and Azizi, Nala met a rogue lion named Jafari which means Creek. Simba saw that Jefari wasn't a threat, so he allowed him to join the pride. Shortly after that Nala and Jefari fell in love and became a couple having Kiara together. Jefari's coat is darker than Nala's by a couple of shades and has a blond mane and tail tuft. He has a purple nose, tan paws and green eyes with a peach coloured underbelly. Kiara looks more like Nala with her slender build, cream underbelly and the inside of her ears and her tail tuft being tan in colour. But Kiara inherited Jefari's green eyes, purple nose, tan paws and coat colour. When Azizi and Imani first met Kiara they became best friends. Later on, all the cubs in the pride got acquainted with each other and became friends. 

Imani's POV "Hey mum can Azizi and I go swimming in the waterhole with the other cubs" I asked. Mum looked over at me with a soft smile on her muzzle "of course dear just be careful to stay away from the middle of the waterhole, it's too deep for you little cubs" she replied. I nodded my head and turned around and made my way back to my friends to let them know. I walk over to Azizi and playfully pounce on him pinning him to the ground. "Pinned yah" I said happily and then nuzzled into his chest. He groans in slight annoyance then nuzzled me back and said, "so what did mum say"? I grin cheekily and replied, "she said we could all go swimming in the waterhole, but we got to stay in the shallow areas". He nodded his head then lightly pushed me off him so he could stand up then started jumping up and down excitedly. "So, what are we waiting for let's go swim" he said. He then ran over to the others and started talking to them animatedly. I gently shake my head in amusement at my younger twin's antics and then walked over to join them. Kiara greets me when she sees me and laughs at Azizi's excitement. "So are we all going or what" my brother shouts to the others to which he gets fast nods in reply. We all then run to the waterhole and start playing in the shallow water. I splash the water around with my paws happily and then splash Azizi with it. He turns around and splashes me back and then we start a water fight the others joining in as well. The water fight is so distracting that we don't notice when one of the female cubs called Tiifu. Accidentally pushed Kiara into deep water while playing. I didn't notice that Kiara was in trouble until I heard a gurgled cry for help, luckily, she was still able to mostly stay above water. I tell the others to stop playing and for one of them to go get mum. Azizi volunteers and runs off while I swim further out to try and help Kiara and keep her head above the water. I grab her by the scruff on her neck and sling her onto my back then start slowly swimming back to dry land. With the combined weight I start to sink under a little, so I get ready to hold my breath in case my head goes underwater. As I reach the shallow area a cub called Zuri helps me carry Kiara the rest of the way. Kiara and I then collapse on the ground due to the scare we just had. Tiifu then walks over to Kiara and apologizes for accidentally pushing Kiara into the deep water earlier. Tiifu only knows she must have been the one to push Kiara due to her being the closest to her during the water fight. Just then my mum comes rushing over with Azizi on her heels both looking worried about our safety. Tiifu tells my mum what happened and that she is really sorry for what she accidentally caused. My mum tells Tiifu that it's not her fault then she checks Kiara to see if she is alright. Thankfully Kiara didn't inhale any water and merely just swallowed some and that's why her call for help was gurgled. After that incident we cubs decided not to play water fight in the waterhole anymore. And to just go play tag near the adults to dry and be safer. 

I hope you guys liked my new chapter I didn't really know if I should just have normal stuff happening or have the water fight incident. So, if you want me to change what happened in this chapter, please let me know down below. And I hope you all are having a fun Christmas holiday so far. Happy Holiday's~