(2) He's Not Interested

Daryl is super awkward and doesn't like most people except when it comes to his wife

Daryl is super awkward and doesn't like most people except when it comes to his wife. After being with her for more than two years, he is more than happy to love her. Only the original Atlanta groups knows their together though, which probably explains why a woman from Woodbury has set her sights on Daryl.
- Season 4
- Fluff
- A little bit of bad bitch
- Swearing

—————————————————

Daryl and Lacy had known each other a year before the world ended, she ended up on his doorstep asking to use the phone. It had been a bad night for her, her blind date ended up being a bad dream, luckily she managed to get away and get to the first house she could find.

Daryl had been doing what he usually did on Saturday nights, watch tv and clean his bow. He wasn't hunting this weekend but he would next, he had just finished up when a panicked knock came at the door, "Please! Anyone! Help!" It was a woman, and when he opened the door he found out it was a beautiful one.

Even in panic she was still beautiful, he let her in and she asked for the phone. That was how they met, a few days later she ended up on his doorstep again. Thanking him and asking to take him out for a treat because he saved her life.

Fate, she believed.

Daryl really couldn't understand why she said he saved her life and when he asked she just smiled and said, "Because you opened the door and let me in." It was a strange set of words, but they seemed to stick with him as the two continued to be around each other.

Two months into knowing each other, he finally plunked up the courage to asked her out. She said yes with a wide smile on her face, and that was the beginning of it all. They were together for another ten months before the world went to hell.

They stayed together through the three weeks at the quarry, the four weeks at the farm and the eight months in the winter out in the world. Of course they had their fights, but to the group they were the best couple out there.

During the eight months in the cold, Lacy had a bad experience and almost died. She ended falling in a freezing lake and almost died of hypothermia; that's when Daryl realized he didn't want to live without her. He didn't want to die without marrying the woman he loved, so after she recovered he made his move.

He planned it all out and with the groups help it was all perfect, a proposal and marriage all in one. You only live once right, Lacy was over the moon and Daryl couldn't have been happier although he made sure not to show it much.

Now after about four months at the prison, things seemed to have finally settled down. The governor was gone and his people had ended up with them.

Life was good.

————

Lacy grunted slightly before smiling with her eyes still closed as she felt feather like kisses on her back. His hand ran along her side as he chuckled into her neck, "Are you awake yet?" He asked gruffly causing her to hum and turn back towards him with a tired smile.

"I am now. Look at my hot ass husband waking me up in the morning." Daryl scoffed with a roll of his eyes as she smiled up at him. "Shut up, dork." He gruffly responded before kissing her which she happily accepted. Soon, they were up and getting ready for the day; Lacy had cook duty while Daryl had the day off but that meant he was gonna be by her side.

Stepping outside, they both made their way over to Carol who smiled at them, "Finally up I see." She teased with a laugh causing Lacy to roll her eyes. "Sorry, this one let me sleep in." Lacy spoke back shooting Daryl a teasing look causing him to grumble and roll his eyes too.

"Hi, Daryl!" The three of them froze as one of the new comers from Woodbury made her way over. None of them were really affected by the greeting seeming as Daryl just bagged everyone a nice haul of three deer just yesterday. He had been getting praised since he brought them back.

"Sup." Daryl's answer was short an to the point but her response got all three of them. She suddenly threw her head back and giggled, making sure to place her hand on his arm. "Oh, your so funny." Daryl stiffly pulled his arm away from her grip wincing at her touch as Carol watched the whole thing go down with a amused look in her eyes.

Lacy though raised an eyebrow at the woman, she knew they didn't exactly put their relationship out there but she also knew that Daryl had a wedding ring on his hand and she had a matching one.

"Listen, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go up to the guard tower later tonight baby." Her voice lowered as she tried to seductively advance on Daryl. Rick had just walked up and looked towards Carol about to say something to the woman but was stopped.

Carol and Rick both turned to Lacy who stood off to the side with a resting bitch face. The same resting bitch face that she used when she was pissed, both Carol and Rick backed away but continued to watch in silence with one thought racing through their minds.

I wish I had popcorn.

"He's not interested." Came Lacy's short response causing the woman to laugh and glare, "Really? I think he can speak for himself." She spoke with a smirk as a crowd began to form. Daryl gulped slightly, not because he couldn't stand up for himself or because he was scared of this women.

No he gulped because he could practically feel the bloodlust coming from his wife who stood a little behind him.

"I'll say it again, he's not interested." Lacy snarled, her face still resting but her eyes were dark and her voice was sharp. "I wasn't talking to you, bitch! Who do you think you are?!" The woman snapped, her eyes glaring as she stepped closer to Lacy.

Lacy just smiled, it was a dark smile that sent shivers down everyone's spin before her face turned again. Straight and serious.

"I'm his wife. So back the fuck up, before you get fucked up."

He face was passive but her voice was aggressive and no one even dared to breath. The women scoffed before high tailing it out of there causing everyone to freeze. It was quite for a minute before Lacy smiled and immediately started back to work. Everyone started off back to there own business while Rick and Carol watched in slight disappointment.

Daryl though stared at his wife as she made him a plate. He was silent as she handed him one, "Here you go, honey." He looked at her in awe as she looked up at him, "What?" She asked with a cock of her head in confusion as Rick and Carol watched them off to the side.

"I've never been so turned on in my life." He spoke straight forward and gruffly causing her to raise an eyebrow and smirk. Rick and Carol both rolled their eyes as Lacy grabbed Daryl's hand after he placed his bowl down before pulling him off to go release some built up steam.

"I swear with those two, I'm surprised she's not six months pregnant by now." Rick muttered under his breath and walked away causing Carol to snort.

"Yep, they do go at it like rabbits."

——————

I have to say I really like this one! Thank you guys for reading!

Updated 8/7/22

1,321 Words