c h a p t e r : 5

Just like any day, JJ and I were at JB's place hanging out. We had just gotten back from surfing so we were all tired. John B was in his room with me, I was playing with his hair as once we got back he got upset. JB's grief was all over the place, some days he would be fine other days he wouldn't be. He always pushed grieving away so sometimes he couldn't help but completely break down. I felt terrible. But he hadn't cried in a while, he did mention Big John a lot but he hadn't had a breakdown in weeks. 

When we got back from surfing he literally got water from the fridge and looked at the pictures on the wall before dropping to the floor crying and hyperventilating. I rushed to him and rubbed his back. JJ wasn't always great at comforting his best friend but he always could pull him up and take him into his room or on the couch. In this case I asked JJ to stand him up so I could walk him to his room. JJ carefully pulled him up before I engulfed JB into a hug and walked him into his room. He laid on his bed and cried into his pillows. JJ was sitting on the edge of the bed. I gave J are worried look. He responded with a look very similar to mine. "John B, look at me" I said softly. JB looked up at me and I held my arms out in front of me indicating him to hug me. He got up and laid into my lap and cried into my stomach. I started crying to, even JJ had tears in his eyes. "It's ok" I cried. "I've got you". 

Soon he had calmed down from me playing with his long locks and JJ had joined me on the other side. He melted into the crook of my neck. I felt tears run down my arms, but they weren't just mine. I took my spare hand and grabbed JJ's gently playing with his rings and giving his hand tickles. Soon they were both asleep and I heard someone come through the door. It was Pope. 

He eventually found me in JB's room with J and JB on top of me. He looked at me, his eyes siad everything. "Hey Popey" I whispered. "Hi Tatey" he replied. "I just came to get my backpack, do you need anything?" he asked. "No I'm alright, hows your essay?" I asked. "It's coming along well, I think John B forbidding me from coming over has actually helped me start it and actually edit it. John B had told Pope not to come over for a week so he could actually spend time on his essay for his scholarship. That didn't stop Pope from coming in for silly reasons to check up on us. "Has Kie come by?" he asked. "Yeah we went surfing with her today but she had a shift at the wreck" I said. "I better go, bye Tate" he smiled. "Bye Popey" I teased. He giggled walking out.