14 | the irony

Y/N'S FACE CONTORTED in annoyance as her company complained about the people crowding around them and muttering curses under his breath. Y/n distinguished the words 'dirty' and 'disgusting' being repeatedly said by this man who introduced himself as Kai Chisaki.

"Alright toco toucan, what do you want?" asked the young genius, as they arrived at a building she wasn't familiar with. "I don't want any trouble. I just want us to exchange opinions on certain subjects." The man replied whilst dusting off the non existent dirt on his arms.

Making herself comfortable on the oddly spotless chair, Y/n nodded prompting him to continue as the other sat across the table. "You've piqued my interest." he said, leaning forward and rested his elbows on his knees.

"Wouldn't be the first time I hear that."

Chisaki let out an airy chuckle. "You've got quite an attitude. Are you letting your money, brilliance, and fame inflate your head?"

"Are you sure you have the right to judge my personality?" Y/n tilted her head to the side and eyed him from head to toe, not even trying to be subtle about it.

His eyes narrowed, indicating he was smiling beneath his mask. "You talk as if you know me." Y/n then retorted, "I could say the same to you."

Both of them sat with the silence louder than their thoughts while staring at one another as if the other was an art piece crafted with complexity. An unspeakable aura lingered in the room, Y/n felt like there was a connectivity between them - an intellectual connectivity.

He knew something that she didn't as she knew something that he didn't and both craved to know what the other had to say.

"I'll cut to the chase." He spoke, breaking the silence. "What do you think of our wretched society?"

Y/n could sense the hatred leaking through his words. No one spoke about it yet they both knew that he was deemed as the villain between them. Y/n placed her full attention on him and became weary not to drink the poison he was pouring on her mind.

"Since I was the one who approached you, I want to voice out my own opinion." Y/n nodded urging for him to continue. "I think people don't deserve these diseases called quirks." he voiced, "Quirks only rottens the mind of these people. Turning them into these sickly beings."

"There are no villains or heroes in this world." He continued, his voice unfaltering and his words sanguine and purposeful. "Only people hungry to be seen as powerful. They have different paths yet adjacent destination. And that is-"

"To be number one." They both simultaneously said though it came out of Y/n's mouth as a whisper.

Chisaki's lips tugged upwards in delight knowing that she knew what he was talking about. "Exactly." He gazed at her for a moment before comming to a conclusion, "I don't think I need to ask yours. By your expression alone, I can tell that you also agree with me."

Y/n restrained her smile to appear. Never in her life have she talked to someone who also had an intellectual depth that looked into the world's toxicity. Most people engages in shallow conversations either talking about their quirks, pro heroes, or dramas. She had never expected for her to talk about the world's main issue to a stranger; a villain no less.

"Then what are your motives and what do I have to do with it?" asked Y/n, placing a finger on her chin as she held her head high and peered down at him.

With pure malice, he replied. "Join me."

"Why should I?"

"We both want the same thing here right?" Chisaki mirrored her posture. "By eliminating the disease. Together, we can turn this dystopian world into utopia. The nearest thing close to heaven."