Chapter 31

Diamonds POV

*TW: Mention of sexual abuse and abuse*

After finally getting up from hours of just talking with Shae, we decided to stop the panic going on at home and announce that I was back.

To be honest when we got there, I was thinking about how I was so done with this family. Tell me why you're gonna punch holes in all the walls and mangle about every piece of furniture there was?

 Kissing my teeth and saying I'll meet Shae later, I weaved my way through the mess, and people didn't even realise I'd literally stepped back in the house just fine. I stood in front of the controls room ,which held Mum, Dad, Sapph and T. 

"Yo. What happened to the house man?" Quicker than I ever thought was possible, the twisted their necks around and their eyes ,excluding Sapph's and Mum, almost bulged out of their sockets. "PRINCESS!" Dad screamed almost deafening us, ran forward and compressed my rib cage into my lungs.

So this is how I get a welcome back? Of course I couldn't say that out loud because I literally could not breathe.

Pinching my dad to let go, he eventually did and I punched him in the stomach then sucked in a much needed breath of air. "What...was that...for?" He asked ,painfully inhaling another breath.

"That's how I felt right now. Hmm. Can't even handle it yourself." I looked him up and down then turned to my favourite women in the room.

"So where's my 'Hey bitch, I missed you!' or my 'Welcome home baby, I love you so much!'" Tapping my foot while I waited for their answer, they both just looked at each other and shrugged.

"What you saying?"

"Yo."

In disbelief , I stared at them, unblinking and couldn't even form words.

"I...you're done." Stepping out the room, I waved to everyone else and continued to go upstairs. Just behind I entered my room, I heard voiced screaming up to me from downstairs.

"LOLL! JUST JOKING, LOVE YOU BITCH!" These people man.

Sighing, I opened my door and just took in the feeling of finally being home. Come to think about it, how long was I actually away for?

I couldn't be bothered to do some work, so I flopped on my floor and just relaxed. After some time, I got up and got changed and jumped into bed.

Just as I was drifting away, an almost silent knock invaded my room.

"Yes?" I answered exasperated with the day already. Shae slowly poked his head round the door and looked so cute in the moment that I wanted t9 cherish him forever. "Hey..." I said after a while if him just standing there.

"Oh yeah...so can I stay in here for a bit. I've got nothing to do so..." He drifted at the end of his sentence and looked at me expectantly. Smiling a little, I nodded my head and patted the bed next to me for him to jump in.

Smiling as well, he climbed in and turned to face me with a adorable look on his face. Deciding to cuddle up to him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and put my head on his chest.

We both sighed in pure content and just let ourselves bathe in the feeling of each other's embrace. Suddenly, I remembered something and knew I had to ask him. It was now or never.

"Shae?" He hummed in answer, "What we're your nightmares about? And why were you sitting on the edge of a dangerous cliff when I found you?"

He stiffened at my questions and began to sit up. I found myself regretting asking him and tried to apologise.

"I'm sorry, it wasn't-" I started.

"No it's fine. I need to let this out, tell someone and I would rather that someone be you." I smiled encouragingly and nodded for him to go on. He took a deep breath then started from the beginning.

"So basically all this fear roots from my dad. Well I wouldn't even call him that. He used to abuse me and my mum.

A hadn't joined our family yet and I'm glad because I didn't want him to suffer with all this trauma as well.

First it was just slapping us around then it turned into putting us into whole comas. It broke my mum seeing him do this to her son and one day she snapped.

She took the knife he was using to stab her with and ended his life right there. He died with disbelief in his eyes. Someone like him couldn't believe a woman had been the end of him, let alone his wife." He chuckled emotionlessly and carried on.

"But what my mum didn't know was that he was killing all those that got close to me as he didn't want anyone finding out his dirty little secret; he was sexually abusing me. Mum still doesn't know about it till this day and I would like for it to remain this way. She doesn't need all this extra burden on her shoulders.

So because of that, I started drinking, smoking, fucking anything to try and escape. I was in such a bad place and it killed her to know that. But one day, I saw how badly she was broken because of my behaviour so I stopped everything. I grew up and I took over the mafia. But I was left with those stupid panic attacks that I can never seem to get rid of. And yeah, story of my life."

By the end, I had tears for it in my eyes and my heart aches for little Shae. He told the events so dully and 'unaffected' that anyone would believe that he didn't care about what happened it him.

I could see he did thought. So I Di what I thought was best. I hugged him and whispered sweet nothings in his ear. He was staring to relax and get sleepier.

"Do you hate me now?" I heard him whisper before he drifted off. This man was so strong after everything he'd been through and could still ask if he was hated.

"Never."

Thank you guys so much for over 3k views and over 100 votes! I appreciate you man all sm. So thank you x